Friday, August 15, 2008

What the ????? Movie Review

Okay everyone, I just saw the freakiest, most whacked out movie ever!!! We took Jake to the $1 theater today to see Space Chimps and wow, I seriously think someone was on crack when they made that movie. The graphics for the film were okay for some parts and really primitive (like the aliens scenes). I am 29 years old and I had a hard time following what was going on for about 1/2 the time (bad writing, not because I am slow). Have you all seen it? I hope you got to see it for $1 like us. I wanted my money back and it was only $1, so I could only imagine how much it would have irked me to have paid $9.50 per person in a regular theater. If you paid full price, sorry. If you are contemplating taking the kiddies, well, do it on a night when there is nothing better that you could possibly be doing and don't pay more than a $1 for it!


Rick and I thought, what the heck are we watching the whole movie, but the funny part is that when I looked over at Jake he was loving it! I guess that if I think about it, there is not much for kids his age to dislike. There are chimpanzees, a space ship, random aliens and bright colors. What does a little thing like no plot, psychadelic scenes, funky aliens that make crazy noises (like loonie bin noises) matter? I guess that is why Rick and I go see these movies in the first place, fun time with Jakie. In the end that is all that matters on our family night out.

1 comment:

Lefty said...

Last week Geoff and I were thinking of taking the girls. We looked online for show times and there was only ONE theatre in the Seattle area (in Everett!!) that was showing this film.

We thought the same thing that you just confirmed: that is was bad. I appreciate your review.