So, anyone that knows Rick knows that he loves to discover hole in the wall places that offer yummy (greasy) foods for cheap. He loves fine foods as well, but since we are semi-poor the trend is the first one mentioned. Well, I gave him a bang for his buck when I turned him onto the Red Caboose. It is a hot dog stand (essentially) that offers many types of hot dogs and toppings for like $0.70 - $1.50. My real estate agent told me about it when he was showing me a home in a really little community near by (The home was great but too far out). On the way back we passed this place and he could not resist. He said that he comes here every chance he gets and we tried it.
It was super yummy and the Pittsburgh news crews chopper in (yes, I said "chopper") in right before they do the news shots for the days. The place looked a bit shabby at first so I was skeptical, but when I saw that people chopper 20 miles out of their way to eat something, it would be good.
I took Rick on Saturday after I saw the house and true to form, the line was about 20 people deep (it is always that way) and Rick was excited.
I think he really liked it and luckily for us, it is 7 miles away, so we wont go to often. I don't think his arteries could take regular stops there. It was fun to try though. I think that one of our favorite parts of being in new places is that there is so much to discover.
Come visit us and we will take you to try for yourselves.
1 comment:
I think Dad has his mouth watering....
Post a Comment