Hi everyone,
I thought I would catch everyone up on what is going on in the household. We have been pretty busy but we are all looking forward to a visit from Ricks parents this weekend. I love when we can get family to come visit. Any of you who want to come out need only say the word. We miss you all. Anyway, I have been trying to catch up on household stuff so that when they come everything is tidy.
Rick is busy with work doing lots of great projects that will be great for his resume. He loves it and really likes his co-workers (thank goodness!! It sucks to work with people you don't like). Rick recently received a calling as ward mission leader and was set-apart on Sunday. He is excited to dig in and I think he will be wonderful at it. It plays on all of his strengths (communication, leadership, organization, enthusiasm for the gospel, and once again, he gets to be a great missionary). I cant wait to see how great he does in the calling.
As for me, I have been busy with Jacob and keeping him busy. We do park days, McDonald lunches (nuggets and the playground mostly), library days, pool, kids club at my gym daily, movies, water parks, etc. (here is are a few pictures of last Tuesday at the local water park, Sand Castle, with his budy David, and then alone on the rides):


Well, Summer is on the way out and Fall is not far off. I love fall and I am excited for the change of seasons. Speaking of change, her is some fun info: (well, fun /scary) I got another calling yesterday too. I was serving as the 2nd councilor of the Primary and yesterday the bishop let me know that they would like for me to serve as... guess...nope.....nope.... okay, I will tell you.... Primary ...PRESIDENT!!! HOLY COW! I have never served in the primary other than these last few months. I have a lot of reading, question asking, etc. to do.
To make things even better, I have to do a primary program for late Oct from scratch. Nothing was done on it before and now my only councilor and I get to do it. I get to call one more person to help us and then we are going to be off with a bang. Oh yeah, there is also a fall festival to plan and execute (probably before the program) and so much more. I am gong to be one busy lady! I was nervous at first but now I just figure it will be tough sometimes, but it can't be as scary as going to Italy and teaching people about religion (in a language that I don't know yet) right? I guess I will just do what I always do, ask for help, pray and work on it. I feel like what ever I cant do, others can, so look out, I may call you for help!
Aside from those things, not much else (big) is going on. We have done a few small things like on Saturday, Rick and I watched our friends 3 kids while they moved into their first home. They have a 7 year old girl (super cutie), a 4 year old boy (Jake's friend) and a little boy 18+ months (adorable child!!) and the mom is 5 months pregnant. They came over and we just played all day until their parents came to pick them up. I love the child swap thing. Our friends and us don't have to pay for child care to go do something. We just trade kids for a few hours a month for free time to go on dates, clean, shop, whatever. We almost never need it, but I am glad that there are people to help when we do. It was fun having 4 kids around. It made me excited to have more kids. A house full of kids running around is like music to my ears. Maybe I am crazy, but I think a day full of kids is a perfect day.
Anyway, we are good. I wish we could hang out with everyone I miss. Lots of new things are happening and I find myself missing family, my BFF's from Seattle & Utah (all the mission buddies too). I love my time here, but I wish I could drive over to bug everyone for a while and see the kids play. Oh well, maybe someday soon, right?
That is it for now. We love you guys! Keep in touch.
I thought I would catch everyone up on what is going on in the household. We have been pretty busy but we are all looking forward to a visit from Ricks parents this weekend. I love when we can get family to come visit. Any of you who want to come out need only say the word. We miss you all. Anyway, I have been trying to catch up on household stuff so that when they come everything is tidy.
Rick is busy with work doing lots of great projects that will be great for his resume. He loves it and really likes his co-workers (thank goodness!! It sucks to work with people you don't like). Rick recently received a calling as ward mission leader and was set-apart on Sunday. He is excited to dig in and I think he will be wonderful at it. It plays on all of his strengths (communication, leadership, organization, enthusiasm for the gospel, and once again, he gets to be a great missionary). I cant wait to see how great he does in the calling.
As for me, I have been busy with Jacob and keeping him busy. We do park days, McDonald lunches (nuggets and the playground mostly), library days, pool, kids club at my gym daily, movies, water parks, etc. (here is are a few pictures of last Tuesday at the local water park, Sand Castle, with his budy David, and then alone on the rides):


Well, Summer is on the way out and Fall is not far off. I love fall and I am excited for the change of seasons. Speaking of change, her is some fun info: (well, fun /scary) I got another calling yesterday too. I was serving as the 2nd councilor of the Primary and yesterday the bishop let me know that they would like for me to serve as... guess...nope.....nope.... okay, I will tell you.... Primary ...PRESIDENT!!! HOLY COW! I have never served in the primary other than these last few months. I have a lot of reading, question asking, etc. to do.
To make things even better, I have to do a primary program for late Oct from scratch. Nothing was done on it before and now my only councilor and I get to do it. I get to call one more person to help us and then we are going to be off with a bang. Oh yeah, there is also a fall festival to plan and execute (probably before the program) and so much more. I am gong to be one busy lady! I was nervous at first but now I just figure it will be tough sometimes, but it can't be as scary as going to Italy and teaching people about religion (in a language that I don't know yet) right? I guess I will just do what I always do, ask for help, pray and work on it. I feel like what ever I cant do, others can, so look out, I may call you for help!
Aside from those things, not much else (big) is going on. We have done a few small things like on Saturday, Rick and I watched our friends 3 kids while they moved into their first home. They have a 7 year old girl (super cutie), a 4 year old boy (Jake's friend) and a little boy 18+ months (adorable child!!) and the mom is 5 months pregnant. They came over and we just played all day until their parents came to pick them up. I love the child swap thing. Our friends and us don't have to pay for child care to go do something. We just trade kids for a few hours a month for free time to go on dates, clean, shop, whatever. We almost never need it, but I am glad that there are people to help when we do. It was fun having 4 kids around. It made me excited to have more kids. A house full of kids running around is like music to my ears. Maybe I am crazy, but I think a day full of kids is a perfect day.
Anyway, we are good. I wish we could hang out with everyone I miss. Lots of new things are happening and I find myself missing family, my BFF's from Seattle & Utah (all the mission buddies too). I love my time here, but I wish I could drive over to bug everyone for a while and see the kids play. Oh well, maybe someday soon, right?
That is it for now. We love you guys! Keep in touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment