Well, it is 10:00pm and I am just waiting to go to the Breaking Dawn book release party at Borders and wouldn't you know it... it just started to downpour! You have to be kidding me! I knew once I wanted to go do something that there would be a freak storm, snow, or tornado, whatever. I don’t care, I'm going anyway!
Well, as I sit here waiting for the hour to hit 10:45 to head out, I thought I would blog about my day. I spend the day getting the site even more updated (I hope you like the music, etc), doing laundry, bills, playing with Jake, making meals and finally, just taking a break. You know, some people say that being a housewife is boring and unfulfilling but I wonder what they are doing because I am so busy all of the time. Every time I turn around there is something else to do (play dates to keep, house to tend, personal maintenance (gym), bills, friends to visit, dry-cleaning to run, groceries to get, and then the fun stuff like bloging, pictures, hobbies). I seriously wish that I could add another 6 hours to my day. 30 hours would be so much more reasonable!
Anyway, I can’t ever believe it when the clock hits 5pm. I always wonder where the heck the day went and then it comes time to switch gears. I never feel like I am stagnant. I get bored for abut a second and then my blackberry goes off with a reminder of something else that needs to be done. Wives, if you don’t have a blackberry, get one. It made a frustrated over worked and perpetually lost lady into someone that can manage her day. I love it!! I just started cooking regularly when I quit working completely and love it. I am pretty good at it and I feel totally successful when I get the oohs and aahs from Rick and Jake (So far the Zucchini Pie, Masala Chicken (Indian), red sauce from scratch on pasta have been the favorites). I no sooner finish the meal and talk to Rick for a bit and then it is bed time. I just wish there was more time to do it all. I guess making the most of the time is the best I can get though. I love being at home. I love spending my day wrapped up in Jakie, Rick and the daily to do's. After being streched so thin for so long, I am just happy to get to do the thing I want to do most: keep our lives in order and take cre of my family. I am lucky that Rick is on board or I would be SOL!
So, I am really proud of myself. I bought a book on lap swimming (I am swimming daily now) that has workout programs that are progressive. I started out doing basic lap routines that build good form, endurance and speed that were 500 (a little over) 1/4 mile meters long and actually hard, to having hit between 1000-1800 meters (a little over 1/2 mile - to just over a mile)! I have been talking about doing it for years and I think it may be my impending 30th b-day, but I am done waiting. I am hitting the ground running and really trying to make it count! I do 3/4 mile to 1 mile 3 days a week and then do Upper/lower body strength training in-between workouts directly followed by 30 laps (just under 1/2 mile) in the pool. I can already feel the difference!
I think that I am going to stick to the routine for 6 weeks or so and then switch it up. I have my eye on spinning class, Yoga and Plaits as well. I think I will add an evening class of one of those to my big swim day 2 x's a week or so. Well, what ever it works out to, I am really enjoying feeling good. I am tired when I am done but I love the energy boost I get right after I am done. I am not super keen on diets so I am avoiding them. I just eat 6x's a day every 2 hours from my first meal and only have good options in the house. I am always full but I feel great. The exercise makes it easier to stick to because I take a beating and it is only worth it if I see the results by Sept. Wish me luck!
Well, it is now that time when I must go get my long awaited book. I sure got a lot in there so if you got bored, sorry.
2 HOURS LATER: Man! I just spent almost 2 hours watching some scarry folk buy this darn book. There were some normal people in there but after that, I had better love the book! I will let you know soon.
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
1 comment:
I wonder if Andrew will be like Jake when he's 3. He's only 7 months old and is already running me ragged! Good thing he's super cute. :)
Post a Comment