I just love the tender moments with Jacob when I see what a sweet, funny, expressive little man he is. We were walking home from getting the mail and Jake decided to practice skipping. He was laughing and looked back at me while in motion and fell. He skinned his little leg and his ankle started to bleed.
Jacob is much like me and does not like the sight of blood. Rick can see a hand hacked off and not get too phased, but paper cuts and scrapes make me woozy and even cry if it is mine. Jake cried when he fell out of embarrassment, but when he saw blood on his ankle he freaked out. He cried saying that he did not want to be broken and battered. (YEP, his word for hit is battered. We love it when he uses that word. He thought of it on his own.)
So, I picked him up and carried him back to the house, cleaned him up. His reactions were so funny and cute that I decided to film his sorrows. Here is what we saw:
Don't you just love him after that pitiful display! We sure did and we did give him a popsicle (his favorite treat!).
1 comment:
I've watched this many times....a band-aid, kiss and a popsicle...how much better can life get?
Post a Comment