I was at
Wal-Mart on Friday and promised Jake that we could get him a toy. I usually just grab a toy and let him play with it while there (he looses attention after about 20 minutes) and then put it back, but this time I said I would get him one to go home (He was a good boy all week). I was getting things for the house and we passed the aisle for fish and he
squealed with
delight and said "oh mommy, I want a fish. Please can I go see the fish?" I said that we could go look but not buy one, and stopped to look. Jake persisted to ask and finally said that he would rather have a fish than a toy. I was ready to say no again, but after thinking about the pros -v- the cons, I realized that a toy would be about $10.00 (If I was lucky) and a fish was only $0.89. Well, you can only guess what my answer was after that; "Of course you can have a fish Jakie" We already had everything from our last fish "
Pricoli", (the beta king) who died unexpectedly of the cold (when we forgot to have him fed, and turned off the heat
during our weeks long trip out of town) at Christmas last year.
Jake was so excited and said, "I know which one I want. I want that one." He pointed to about the most plain fish in the tank (again nice because it was only $0.89). The helper put in the net and started to get a fish that was all black and Jake yelled, "no you have to get Parr." We both looked at him with blank expressions unsure of what he wanted. Jake stared at us for a second and then explained that the plain fish with only some black was the one he wanted and that his name was Parr. Jake loves to name his animals (real or stuffed) funny names. Some previous pets (real or stuffed) have been Pricoli (as mentioned before), Prince, Paddington, Redverd, Polly, Beaky, Mimi, Jaxon, etc. He is quite funny with the names.
Anyway, we finally got Parr and brought him home and Jake has loved him since. We placed him up high on a shelf to ensure his survival but Jake gets play time each day with him. Here is a video of him welcoming Parr to the family. Enjoy.
1 comment:
Speaking of addition to the family: Madeline informed me the other day that her new/next husband is Jakie.
Did I tell you she has an imaginary friend and he is her husband? Well, it was Josh (named after or was Josh Freeman) but now she is going for someone more of a peer. She hasn't made the transfer yet, but she is talking about it.
I would love Jacob as a son-in-law. What a wedding we can plan: goldfish crackers, so many fruitsnacks, a punchbowl of Tang, or Kool-Aid. Maybe even sliced apples or carrot sticks. Oh--and if it will be dinner: Happy Meals for everyone with choice of apple juice or chocolate milk.
Post a Comment