1.He has to stay in his seats.
2.He cant lick the kids in front of, or behind him.
3.He cant pull his arms into his shirt and swing his sleeves at other kids near by.
4.He cant sing a solo rendition of the song for the class, immediately after they sang it as a group.
5.He cant lean forward to put his head on the floor while simultaneously balancing his stomach on the chair and humming words to a song of choice (it was a freak show that week).
6.He cant yell the answer "Jesus" to every question asked (funniest when irrelevant).
7.He cant hug the teachers and say you are so pretty and special in front of the whole class during sharing time.
8.He cant lift the little girls pretty skirts to see what they are wearing underneath. (we looked like total perves!)
9.He cant pull off his clip-on-tie and swing it around above his head, like a hellicopter, at the poor kid next to him. (they can really hurt!)
Incase you are wondering, YES, he sure did do all 9 of those + a few others that I cant think of off hand. I so am proud of him now. He goes through the class and participates and only occasionally needs the "death look" from me. He loves to answer questions and is lovingly referred to as "Primaries most enthusiastic supporter" by the teachers and councilors. He yells out "Yes" and "Why" or "How" to every question asked. He loves to show he is listening and that he really cares. Today he told the class that He just loves Jesus because he is the only brother he has got and that it makes his heart sad when he does bad things because he cant make his only brother mad at him. It was cute but it would have been cuter if they were not looking for the answer to why do we read our scriptures. At least he gets the principle, Right?
In any case, I have had the chance to witness so many sweet moments and see him understand things that are so exciting to me. I never really know how much he gets but when he explains the story of Alma or Abinadi or Jesus on the boat, I feel so good that he knows those things. He sings the songs with such excitement and really gets a kick out of learning. I am so glad that I have the gospel to teach to him. He is a good boy. He is everything I could ever have asked for, and even more, if you can believe it.
This evening we invited over Ricks colleague, Toshana and it was a blast. I made Zucchini Pie (Sounds sick but it is amazing!!!), fresh corn on the cob, a home made Caesar salad and home made Pistachio ice cream (yep, I made it myself) for desert. She is such a fun person and I love knowing her. She gets me and it is nice to have a chat buddy again (miss ya Rachel, Laura, Kim, Steph, Jenn, Mel, and everyone else). You know how I love to chat! Jakie of course thought that she came to visit him and called to her for her thoughts on everything. She is married but her husband is in another state for Med School. We were glad to have her in our home and hope she will come back soon. Jakie loved her and I think the feeling was mutual. We had a great time and I am excited to get to have all of Rick's co workers (Fellows) over as well. We will invite them all!
We had a visit to Dr. Heart (love him!!!), Jakie's Pediatrician, for Jake's check up and he said Jake is "super healthy, super bright, super energetic and super HUGE!" He measured in the 98th percentile for height and 95th for weight (40lbs of pure muscle). He has always measured in the 96-99th percentile for almost everything but the Dr. said he measures the height of a 5 year old and weight of a 4 + year old. I guess I had better start saving for extra tall clothes and extra huge beds, cars, etc. for this little one. I come from a family of tall men and Rick has 7ft uncles & cousins so I figured that would happen. I am no shorty at 5"11", so the writing was on the wall. I am just glad to know that he is so healthy. If you are looking at pictures and thinking, wow, Jake is growing like a weed, it is because he is. I cant keep him in pants for longer than 3 months at a time since birth. The waist is never a problem but the length always kills me. I had better have a boy next because we have tons of little boys clothes. We probably have 2x's the wardrobe of a normal child because we needed a wardrobe in every size at one point or another.
Well, we love you all! Hope you enjoy the update and have a great Sunday evening!
2 comments:
Just so you know, I have seen many empty sleeves and ties in use as hop-ti-copter blades by Sunbeam boys....and the rest...he comes by naturally as his Dad was the same kind of handful when he was 3...although I don't remember him being interested in what the girls were wearing...
I do know that there isn't a cuter red-headed Sunbeam in Pittsburgh...or anywhere else for that matter. Do you think I am biased? What do you think Beth?
Wow! What a big boy! I am afraid that mine is the other way around! She measures like a midgit for her age! I am glad that you love primary! Miss you! Look at your hotmail, I sent you a long e-mail!
Post a Comment