Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Fun

This Thanksgiving we opted to spend it with friends. Rick and I thought we would do a quite afternoon at home but as I realized how much cooking I had to do and how sick I get when I cook, I opted to accept an invitation to spend the afternoon and feast with a group of about 4 young couples and their kids. Jacob was thrilled that he could play with kids and I was happy to only have to cook for a hour vs a whole day. Rick started the morning with a game of touch Turkey Bowl style football with the men of the ward while I cooked up the side dishes you see below( Sourdough, Artichoke, and Parmesan Stuffing ...YUM!!!)















And Cheesy Potatoes Au grautin. They were good, but I used goat cheese! Everyone liked them, but one bite and I learned that I don't like goat cheese. Especially Pregnant!



We ate for a few hours, well, the guys did. I could only eat just a little bit, but it was good. We played games, played the Wii, watched movies, and laughed until about 9pm and then headed home. Jake only had one melt down so it was still pretty fun. I am grateful for friends that can give you a hint of home when you are all alone thousands of miles from family. I miss our family so much. I wish we were closer so that we could have you all fight over who gets us each year (hopefully you would want us) but as it is, I am grateful for friends to fill in and give us a taste of home.

No comments: