Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Thoughts

I thought I would quickly share my thoughts from this week. The Season has moved quickly and Christmas is finally almost here. I feel this year more childlike than most past. I have always loved Christmas, the lines, the gifts, shopping, parking, etc. I take the good with the bad but for the first time in.. well ever, I finished early and am ready to do some serious gift opening. We are going to be quite modest in our items, but I think I may have done a little more than expected for Rick. I saved all year to splurge on him a bit and got him gifts that I truly know he will be excited about. I cant wait to see his face as he gets gifts from Jakie and I and the family that he did not expect but will absolutely love.

So, I think the tradition of "Clab Legs" and "Fa, Ra, Ra, Ra, Ra, Ra, Ra, Ra, Ra (Chinese food on Christmas for you non Christmas Story lovers.) will live on this year. I don't want to cook and we love Chinese food. It has been something we do with the Shumways since I am note even sure how long, so we will follow tradition this year. We have a set of missionaries that we will have join us since no one signed up to feed them. I really like these Elders and I think it will be fun to have them come and join us. I think I will invite them back after to have desert with us at home so that they are not totally missing any normal tradition.

Well, I cant wait to wake up on Christmas morning and be excited. I think that I want to do a few children's scripture verses with Jacob first though. I don't want to loose that part of it for him. He is young/old enough that he will have fun and learn something from it this year.

We sure miss you all and hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright. Please drop us a line and thanks to all that sent Christmas cards, letters. I love hearing from you all!

No comments: