Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My 30th Birthday "Thirty,Flirty & Thriving!!"

So today (December 9th) is my 30th birthday! Yeah. I know, you are probably thinking that I should not be happy about my 30th birthday and I was not exactly sure that I would be myself. I wondered if I would have that crisis moment where I look around and go...what am I doing here? Is this where I want to be by 30? Did I make the right choices?

Well, I did actually have that moment over that last week but I feel so peaceful about the fact that I am exactly where I want to be. I do actually have the things that I hoped for by 30 and I think I made a slam dunk on my choices in my life. There are obviously things that I would do better (knowing what I know now) but nothing that I regret or feel was a huge mistake. I was relieved to realize that those questions aren't all that scary when you are happy. Sure I wish I would have won the lottery, could be a perfect example, that I could be a billionaire, or look like Cindy Crawford but nothing that I feel is truly missing. All in all I would say that I am "Thirty, Flirty & Thriving" (All you Jenn Garner fans know what I am talking about).

With that said, I do have some things that I do want to make an improvement on for the big 3...1... I think that this year I would like to be better at personal scripture study, be more patient (I try and get about 50/50 on it), have more fun with the kids (not so much work, work, work), get back to a physical level that thrills me, and work on photography (favorite pass time). I guess that I look at my birthday as the real beginning of the new year for me. Who cares about January 1st, December 9th is the best real New Years Day for me. 4:20am in a blizzard in Idaho with just me and my mom/docs/and nurses to welcome me in. Hard to believe that I am a real grown up and that I have little spirits depending on me now. I hope that they feel as good about their life (and even difficulties) when they are 30 as I feel now.

I think I can trace all happiness for me back to the moment when I decided that I wanted to follow the path of the Gospel. I was 19 and has many roads ahead of me. I decided that a mission, the temple and a worthy priesthood holder and children were my future. Each of these choices were finalized in the month of December, by the way. (B Day Dec 9th, Mission entered Dec 29th, Married Dec 27th and Jacob was born on Dec 14th.) Funny huh. The next big decision will arrive in June now but that is okay. Anything else in December will bankrupt us!!!

I had a fun day though. Rick woke me up with Jacob and gave me my present. I got a chair style back massager (I loved it!!) and then took me for dinner (Italian food). It was fantastic and super spicy (arrabiata) down in Pittsburgh Italian district . The food was yummy, the place was authentic and although I suffered for the spicy choice all night, totally worth it! I love just being with my family on my B-Day and missed all of you guys.

Thanks to everyone that remembered and anyone else that forgot, no worries. I forget everything until the week after and send sorry I am so late cards. I miss everyone and just a little note is all the present I need! Well, I love you all and miss everyone!! Call me or drop a line when you can. TVB!

2 comments:

Melissa L. said...

Happy belated birthday! This is the first time I've been on the computer in days. I'm glad your day was a happy one! TVB!

Doug and Laura said...

You are adorable! I remember that December 29 entering the mission. How fun was that year in 1999! I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am so glad you are in my life. Love you!