So here is the story. Christmas was awesome. I loved playing with Jacob and Rick and seeing them enjoy the presents and all that the season have to offer. Well the 25th passed with not much more than the regular pregnancy Yuck that I have everyday. I went to bed that night feeling like I might be starting a cold but was not particularly worried. Then I woke up on the 26th. I was out maybe 8 hours but there was a serious siege under way in that short time. I have never felt so bad so fast. I was hacking, coughing, and miserable from the moment I woke up. A good steam bath and some rest later I was feeling better so I took a nap at lunch time with Jacob and then the misery really started. I fell asleep feeling pretty good, but coughing and woke up 2 hours later with a deafening, stabbing pain in my right ear. It seriously felt like someone was stabbing it so I called down to Rick for help and he of course, did all that he could do to make me comfortable. Tylenol, hot compress, nothing much because of the baby. Those things helped a bit but I think I needed something more like a bottle of whisky (just kidding though I did consider the sort) or NyQuil (my own LDS whisky). Oh, how I miss NyQuil!!! It really is one of the biggest reasons I don't like being pregnant. There are many, but it is up there). I like to take it the second I feel sick and spend the illness in a stupor but no such luck. I thought we needed to to the ER (since it was a weekend) but we held out because of the $75.00 co pay. I knew I needed drops! We called the OB and they put me on an antibiotic just from my description and called in some Vikidin (okay when you are pregnant so I was surprised!). It took the edge off and let me sleep okay on the 26th and helped me get through the 27th during the day (my anniversary! Sad huh, drugged and sick on my day of Love). Anyway, I got to sleep on that night but at about 12am I woke up in such excruciating pain that there is nothing to compare it to. Even labor was less intense because it breaks for a few minutes between contractions. I guess the only thing to describe it is about as close a tooth ache that needs a root canal. I had one once and that was about the most pain I have ever been in. This one was at last as bad as that. I cried and cried, and finally when I started screaming I knew it was the ER for me. We left at 2am and got in to see someone at about 3pm. They prescribed stuff that helped and I finally got home at 5am. Poor Rick & Jake had to sit there while I cried and got treatment in the yucky ER. What a sad Anniversary huh!
Anyway, the Ear drops helped the most and they stopped the horrible shrieking pain in my ear. Turned out that I had a severe sinus, inner ear and outer ear infection. Talk about more that a pregnant lady can take. Well, It has taken me until today to be able to get up and walk around and do more than lay on the couch or bed in pain. To make things even worse, Jacob started coughing a few days ago and it sounded just like mine. I knew it was the same horribly strong infection I had so I set up a DR. Apt for him. We got in and they checked him and guess what: Inner ear infections in both ears and a sinus infection. He barely showed any symptoms. I swear, it takes a tank to knock this kid down. He coughs in the morning and night but aside from that, I would never have known he had ear infections too. Luckily he is on Antibiotics and headed toward health. Right now, we are two sad sacks coughing our brains out and spending the day laying on the couch and sleeping it off (that is if he sits still). Oh well, maybe with the new year we will be feeling better. I sure hope so!
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment