Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our 15 Week apointment

We had our 15 week appointment today and I was so excited to hear the even louder heartbeat in the office.

I am showing way more than I did with Jake at this point, but after researching sizes on the Internet, I don't feel so bad. I am in maternity stuff at this point but don't have much, so I have to make things work. You know what I mean if you have kids.

I pulled up this picture of about what a 15 week baby would look like if you could peek into me *please don't* and I cant believe how formed the baby is. I think it is like 3 & 1/2 inches long. That seems long to me for this early, but I guess I get to see it in an ultrasound in January after I get back from my moms. I love this time of year because everything seems to be going so fast. .

I remember being ready for Jacob in October and then it just seemed like the day was there so fast. That is why I love Oct-January. It is a busy time warp. Fun, festive and fast. Gotta love that combo.

Anyway, baby is doing great and I will know what to call him (Richard Jenning Shumway -Ricky, or her (Hailey Beth Shumway) in January. Stay tuned for our announcement on which it is. Any bets on what it might be?

Well, the race is on for gift getting, decorating, planning, etc. Money always seems to be tight, but I think we did better this year than any year prior. I wish we could send great gifts to each of you but alass, we are poooooor. One day you will get a Lobster gram, flower, candy, or awesome gift cards, etc. That will be a few years away, but I have a great gift in mind for each of you when I have the $$ I always think of my Aunts' & sisters, and parents (on both sides of the family) as well, and actually, pretty much most of the family for that matter. When they can afford it, they always seem to send such classy gifts that say we love you and here are some things that we think you will enjoy. Nothing huge, just thoughtful and exciting to get. I want to be that way. Home made and thoughtful are all that we have right now (when we can afford the postage/shipping) but I promise, we miss you guys every year.

I really wanted to do a family news letter with pics, but I have been so sick and Rick is so busy...... Okay, what ever,..... I just think I look fat and dont want you all to see me that way!!! I am nothing if not honnest right! Anyway, I really do vow now to send them out next year. We will have even more to be thankful for then and that gives me 6 months to work out and look cute again. I may eat that vow next year, but I promise a picture!

I guess, the Bog will have to do for this year. I sure hope you all enjoy mine as much as I enjoy yours. The weekly/monthly updates (sometimes even daily updates) actually make me feel like I know more about you guys. I actually know more about a few of you than when we lived in the same town!! I love it and I love you all. Rick and I are so lucky to have you all as friends, family and examples. Enjoy the Holiday season and look forward to more posts soon. -

Rick, Sarah, Jakie and baby.

2 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

It was so fun to talk to you!!! Looks like you guys are having so much fun in the new place. We miss you guys!

Steve & Amy Shumway said...

I'm rooting for a girl!!! Cant wait to find out!