We had our primary Christmas lesson today in sharing time and I got to teach. I chose stories from the life of Jesus and shared my testimonies with the kids about each one. Kind of a review, but focused on Christ and Christmas. It was so fun to bear testimony to those sweet little kids and tell them how much I love them. I had to threaten Jacob with "No Santa Clause" a few times to get him to sit still while I taught, but it went well.
Here is a funny story for you:
Jacob had Sunbeams following sharing time and all was well until Brother Russon (Sunbeam teacher) brought Jacob in to me and said that he was disrupting the class. I was concerned so I asked what he was doing and he said that they were cutting out pictures of the Shepherds from the Nativity and while cutting, Jacob reached over and cut of the head of his friend Luke's Shepherd. He cut of the head!!! Should I be concerned about that I asked brother Russon with a scary face, and we all started laughing. Poor Luke!! No head on his shepherd. How was he going to feel the spirit after that assault on his poor Shepherd??? Well, I gave Jake a good talk about how cutting off our friends heads on their shepherds (or any other thing with a head) was naughty and will make them not want to be friends. I asked him if he would like to say he was sorry and was happy that he did. Brother Russon said he could go back to class and it was not seconds later that I peaked in to check on him and found them to be little buddies again. I was stood there watching my little boy and despite being a little horrified at his actions, found myself a little amused by my naughty little boy. I console myself with the fact that all of the kids do funny/naughty stuff like that and that it is pretty normal but I guess I will have to diligently dedicate a few seconds each week at FHE about not cutting off heads on other peoples paper projects (maybe I should keep it a broad "any heads of anything" ) to the list of FHE teachings. Anyway, I thought you would get a kick out of that story like Rick did when I told him about it.
1 comment:
I can just see him doing that!! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!!
Post a Comment