Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sick As Sick Can Be

Sorry the posts are so few and far between. In fact, if you have not heard from me in a while, I am sorry. I have been so darn sick. I hoped I would be over the worst of the sickness by now, but it only seems to be getting worse. I am posting this comment in the hopes that someone that reads it has some tricks for curving the nausea and general grossness that I feel. What happened to a glow?? What about women that are pregnant should feel good and vibrant and like they are beautiful?? Not in my world! I Feel tired, sick, irritated, achy and disgusting. I still have a long way to go but I just hope that I can get over these feelings soon! Here is what I am doing it all for. This would be about the same size, and development as our baby is. So cutie huh!

At least I am lucky and Rick has stepped in and helped to keep the home going because things were piling up and getting gross. He is being a real trooper and has definitely stepped up even more than with my pregnancy with Jacob. I think Jake's birth changed the way he felt about what I was doing for the family. I get the impression he would rather clean, and help me be comfortable than have to do any of the pregancy stuff himself. Smart man!! If there were any way that he could share the sick or pain, I would make him do it cuz this sucks!! Since there is not and we really do want this sweet baby, I am thankful for all of the help that he can offer me. It would be so much worse if I had to do everything on my own.

Oh well, at least I do have my normal health right. At least there is lite at the end of the tunnel. I remember after I gave birth to Jacob and they wheeled him out. Everyone followed and I was left all alone to sit in quite and wonder how Jacob was. I had seen him for only a minute and the family had him the rest of the time. I wondered if I should be sad that I could not see him again right away, or if I should feel jealous that everyone else got to see him without me? I thought those thoughts for only one second and then though, awe heck, let them all have their fun. I feel amazing!!!!!! Yep, I had just given birth, I was all alone, and I had never felt better. I even remember letting out a small squeal of delight and wiggling my toes in happiness. I felt good for the first time in 9 months. Ahh, that is the feeling that keeps me going when I am so freaking sick. The next best feeling was when Jacob came in to be with me. That is the other thing that I am banking on. I know it is still early, but that is what I am looking forward to as well.

I already had a fun moment with the baby to share. I was sitting in the recliner on Tuesday and all of the sudden, I felt the baby move!! I know it is early but I am 100% positive of what I felt. It was super small and only noticeable if I was being still, but I felt the little one move. I love that part too. It makes me a little nauseous when it happens, but I don't mind feeling sick so much if it is rewarded by a connection with the baby. I am so happy that it is happy and healthy. Can't wait to find out the sex and give it the name we picked out.

3 comments:

Steve & Amy Shumway said...

Congratulations!! I didnt even know you were expecting! We're super happy for you guys :)

Stephanie said...

Hey Sarah my friend. I enjoyed reading your thoughts and really do feel your pain. I still get nauseous if I am really tired or need to eat. But I had to take unisom the sleeping aid at night before I went to bed to help me with the next morning. Good Luck!

Melissa L. said...

Sorry you're so sick! I wish I had remedies for ya, but I guess sympathy will have to suffice. What names are you guys thinking of?