Wednesday, December 10, 2008

All in the Christmas Mood!!

Yay!! Christmas season is finally here!! We went out on Monday the 8th (FHE) to get our Christmas tree. We decided to do a real one for the first time since we've been married. We always went to families house and it seemed dumb to spend on a tree at our tiny apartments. Well, this year we are staying in Pittsburgh to celebrate Christmas and wanted to do it right. Rick went out with Jake and I to pick out a great Frasier Christmas tree. We love it. I spend the month of November and early December collecting glass and crystal ornaments that are clear or cobalt blue to decorate the tree. I had so much fun tying ribbons onto the tree and making the white lites sparkle in the ornaments. I love Christmas. Here is a picture of the tree after completed and in its full glory. I went for clean and pretty so I hope I got there. Nothing worse than getting worst dressed on the tree decor when you thought you might set a trend. Be nice if you hate it!! Well, hope you enjoy. I added pics to tell the story for those unable to drop by and see it for yourselves. We miss you all! Happy Holidays from the Pittsburgh Shumways. Enjoy it while you can because it goes way, way to fast!!

1 comment:

Melissa L. said...

The picture is a little fuzzy, but I think your tree looks great! I really prefer trees that have a central color scheme like yours. Remember the awful Christmas trees they had in Italy? Especially Sardegna! The poor trees were drowning in decorations! :)