Last year's party was at home but our apartment is so small that 10 kids + parents + mayhem. We did not want to use the party room that McDonald's because it was so separate from the play area so we just did it on 3 tables and had a ball. I had to tell the manager that our original party place fell through last minute to get them to let me do that, but it worked none the less. He He. Little white lie from me, but I really did not want to pay the huge cost of the party room and have everyone in the play area anyway.
So, here is a picture story with captions to explain how the afternoon went. We all had so much fun and I am so happy that Jacob had such a wonderful time!!
Yay, everyone gets their happy meal to order.Nuggets, burgers, fries, apples, juice, soda, milk, chocolate milk. They loved having their order their way. I now get why they make millions of dollars from these little guys. Where else do they get to make such choices?? We got off great with a $30.00 party since we only had to buy the kids happy meals . We had 9 kids so it was perfect. Thanks again to the kids that came (Emma, Luke, Sam, Jackson, Maddox, Max, Maylan and Janie). We wish we could have had every one of the kids from primary, but we could not afford any more. Just kidding.
The easiest cake to make and serve, ever!! I decided to fore go the traditional cake, plates and utensils and just do cupcakes. Jake was thrilled with the lightning McQueen holders and loved blowing out his 4 year candle.
Jacob loved being sung to and sang along to himself. He is not quite shy, but sure loved the whole thing.
Presents Time!!! Jacob opened each present with the same level of enthusiasm. He started with "Oh my gosh!! I love it, thank you so much MAX!!!"
Then he said, " I cant believe it! I love it, I love it. This is such a happy birthday for me!! Thank you so much Emma, Luke & Sam!!"
"HUUUUUUUUH!!!! (Sucking in his breath) Oh, I cant wait to see what I got in here. Oh, I love presents and I love my birthday! Thanks so much Maylan and Jane!"
He thanked every child for their great gift. Jackon gave him a great basketball hoop and rescue truck that he just loved. He cant wait to wake up from his nap to get to play with Daddy. He squealed when he saw them and said "oh, I cant wait to dunk this one with you daddy. What a great day! This is the best birthday of my life. Thank you everyone!!!!" No I am not kidding or making things up. He really did say those exact things and he said them with all of the excitement he could muster. He is fun to give gifts to. He gives great reaction!
We rounded out the afternoon with another round of play on the tubes and equipment and this is the smile he wore all day long. He graciously thanked every child individually for coming and bringing him presents. He loves to feel special and important. I could not help but just love him and want him to be happy.
I was going to list everything about him that I just love, but I think this picture says them all. What mother/father could not absolutely be in love with and adore such a face??!! He is everything we ever wanted in a child! Even when he is being naughty, it is a naughty that I can love and work with. He has always had his surprises and an insane level of energy but his little mind and spirit amaze me! I am glad to be is mother everyday and just hope our next one is just like him (but with a little less energy so mommy does not go crazy!!). We sure wish you all could have been here and hope to hear from you soon.
2 comments:
Jacob is quite the popular kid!! Sounds like yall had fun. We're gonna be in Utah Dec 26 - Jan 3...Will you be there too??
Holy moly...he is getting so big! I remember when you came to the hospital after Hayden was born and you wanted Jake to come that minute...he made his arrival just 4 days later! One of my favorite pictures is of Jake and Hayden in the fountain at a park in Orem when we visited from LA...gosh it was probably 2 1/2 years ago...where has the time gone! We miss you guys lots! Take care:)
Post a Comment