Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weekend Retreat

On Friday I got to attend one of the first Relief Society Events since being in the ward. I was called to the Primary immediately after arriving in the ward. I see many of the sisters each week but have not really gotten to know most of them. Until Friday that is. One of the sisters has a family cabin about 2 hours North of Pittsburgh and invited everyone up to enjoy her lake view and good company. We left on Friday morning and returned Saturday evening. I took Ricky since he is still nursing and Jacob stayed with Rick (thanks Kate and Gene for watching him for a few hours on Friday so I could go). We stopped on our way in a great little Amish town called Volant and shopped and had lunch. We got up to the cabin mid afternoon and spend the rest of the day unpacking, talking, walking the shoreline and all evening laughing by the bonfire right outside her house. I had such a good time and really enjoyed getting to know people. Sister Row was particularly interesting since she is a Psychologist. Yep, access to a brilliant mind for 36 hours left me picking her brain about marriage, kids, life, etc. She was so interesting and that fact coupled with all of the funny personalities, lots of Grandmas wanting to hold Ricky (since he was being such a good boy-as usual), and a day away left me feeling grateful for the opportunity to enjoy a weekend away. Here are pics of the setting and just some good fun. Thanks Sisters for a great time and Thanks Rick for taking Jakie and letting me slip away for a night! Click on the picture to see photos better.

2 comments:

kate said...

looks wonderful! i couldn't get the pics big, so i'll try again later. we should plan another ladies' getaway soon!

Joyelle said...

so sorry i couldn't watch jake, i was booked solid and it ended up being a cranky crazy day for me anyway. but i second kate that it would be fun to do some sort of a getaway again! i'm so glad you had a great time :) i'm gonna txt you about pics if you still wanna do that, i do!!!! :) xo