Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our Little Soccer Boy - Go DC United!

(Click to Make Pictures Larger)
Today was Jakie's first time playing soccer. We signed him up for a 4-5 year old league for fall. He gets to do 6 practices (45 minutes each) followed by a scrimmage game with another team each Wednesday. We went and got all of the gear they requested and took him to see what would happen. You never know with kids and sports. Some love it, some hate it, and others just don't get it! Well, we were a little of love and get it tonight. Jake loves to run so it was a perfect fit in that respect. He looked so adorable in his little shin guards and cleats! His coach was great and really taught 10 little kids how to play a basic match in 45 minutes. Lots of them had never played before and the game turned out really fun to watch. I am so glad that we put him in this year. There were so many funny moments that I cannot even remember them all, but one of my favorites was caught on film. Check out the collage below and let me know which one you think it is. Hint..It is a funny one! I bet it is your favorite pic too.
Here are a few other highlights:
-Jakie pulling up grass and showering it on other kids. Hated that one!! Gotta teach the kid to leave the poor grass alone!
-Jakie licking his team mate Dillan. Another problem. Ha, they ended up buddies though. You can see them sitting on the sidelines waiting for their turn. Thank goodness his parents thought it was normal 4 year old behavior. We are going to end up the parents of the weird kid that licks everyone!
-Jakie running faster than everyone including the kid with the ball that he passed by about 20 ft while we yelled directions on how to go back and steal the ball. It took about 20 of the 30 minutes they played before Jakie realized that he has to run after the ball each time and that he could steal it and go make a goal.
-Jakie kicking the ball into another scrimmage near by as he tried for a goal. That would not be funny except that he decided to just take the other games ball down the line for them. Yep, he just joined their game until they told him to come back to the game on our field. ha, such a cutie!
-Jakie winking at me and giving me the thumbs up. I just adore that Kid. Cant help it! He just makes me smile. -Seeing Jake make friends so easily and having fun. I just love it when he is happy and enjoying being a kid!


Well, we accomplished all that we set out to do by putting him in soccer: tire him out, have him meet other kids, learn how to play soccer, listen, and have a great time! I think we got about 4 of the 5 here. Well, I guess there was a 6th reason. I wanted to get a few sweet shots of Jakie in action. I posted a few edited shots at the bottom that were my favorite






5 comments:

Stephanie said...

We love him too! He is so stinkin cute! How fun for him to get to play soccer this year. I am sure he is as big as some of those five year olds. I look forward to hearing about how the games go.

kate said...

super cute sarah! i heart soccer.

Unknown said...

He is such a little boy now...what happened to that baby face?

Katie Anderson said...

He is getting to be such a big kid! I can't believe it. I still imagine him and Hayden sitting in that fountain in Orem with diapers on! We miss you guys!!!

Kellybean said...

I love that little Jake! How fun to have him playing soccer! Danny can't wait for our kids to play!