Sunday, June 28, 2009

Being Super Good Examples To Our Kids

Well we were revealed to the ward again today. As you may remember from posts past, our little Jacob is way to honest. While out having the baby Jacob answered a question in primary that embarrassed Rick and I. He was asked what was happening in his home today (June 7th) and he replied that his Mommy and Daddy like to argue and that was what was happening. I think that they were looking for door number two in the form of the reply " my new baby brother is being born today". Nope, not our child. Why reply that way. Lets rat out mom and dad!

So, today when a little girl visiting was asked what she liked most, we were informed that Jacob decided to answer for her. He raised his hand and said, "I know what she likes best, she likes to ride bikes with friends" (something Jake did recently so of course it had to be her favorite thing). The little girl said "no, that is not my favorite thing", and then told what she liked best. Any child might be upset that they were wrong in their guess but our child took it to a new level. We were told that following the reply from the little girl Jacob hung his head and quietly said, "aaaaawwwwwweeee. Damn it, Damn it, Damn it! Yep, you read right. He said that in Sunbeams.
Man, we are going t have a talk. His teacher assured us that it was funny and not done mean. He said it to himself as an expression of frustration for being wrong but this is not his first time with that word. It seems to come up in funny situations. He first used it with his Thomas Train as he ordered him "move it Thomas, Damn it!" (-around 2 years old) and then there was the time he used it at our friend Kim's house around 3, and now at 4. I hope to cut that out before we have to deal with it at 5. I am probably the culprit in our house. I don't mean to say that but a stubbed toe, overflowing sink, or at times Jacob blowing zerbets on me as I try to get out the door in time. I need to repent. Our bishop laughed as he was recounted the story after church and I admitted I have been naughty. Luckily there is a chance to make amends. I Will add that to my many prayers of forgiveness for such absolute imperfection on my part. Luckily, I don't have to be perfect. I just don't get to be imperfect on purpose. Hope I get to keep the Primary Presidency calling! Just kidding. Were the most fallible of all of the moms for sure. We just get to be reminded on a weekly basis by our kids that tell too much of the truth!
Our Sunday conversation outside of the Primary room before going in will have to sound something like this: "Remember Jacob, no hitting, spitting, running, poking, gassing, laughing at gas, talking about gas, turning around in your chair, playing with girls hair, talking out of turn, twirling your tie around, taking off your tie and whooshing it around your head, telling embarrassing stories or saying naughty words." Essentially, don't be Jake??? Nah, better yet the Lord has me in there with him so I can just correct each thing as he thinks it up! Gotta love that kid. Never a dull day with my Jacob.

6 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

I just got released as Primary President and I have to admit that for the last month the part I miss the most is the funny comments kids make during Primary. I loved it when kids would rat out their parents or when they would make funny connections. It always made me smile!

kate said...

heehee!! jacob rocks! your pictures are beautiful sarah, i'm so excited for your new path!

Colleen said...

I can sympathize as Elijah has been kicked out of Primary twice in the last month for hitting his substitute teacher and then pinching her. On the boob. Yeah, same teacher.

katherine said...

hilarious. seriously, i laughed out loud. i love that he repeated it 3 times under his breath. kids really say the funniest things. oh their honesty!

ps, the comment above mine made me lol too. oh kids!

Stephanie said...

So funny! We miss you Jake!

Carolyn Shumway said...

Having spent my life in Primary...yeah the kids say way more than you ever want to know...good thing Grandma wasn't there though....I might have wanted to make a point right then and there....so it's good I am way across the country :)