Rick said that he asked if we were still going to love him now that the baby was here and of course, our hearts broke. Ricks reply and mine to the subsequent inquiries of our love have always been "of course we love you. How could we ever not love our little Jacob bean"!! Over the last week Jacob has loved the baby with enthusiasm, but privately made inquiry into our love. Usually it was at a time that he wanted something and could not have it. Is he a smart little booger or what. He tries to manipulate us as any smart child would (I sure did with my parents!), but he can only get so far because we know that game. He has acted out a few times in funny ways, but mostly, he just wants our attention. We have tried to shower it on him and love him double. In any case, we sure hope this photo is a sign of the love, bond and friendship that is sure to come!

All in all though, I am surprised. I expected for there to be a major break down or some serious incident in which Jacob freaked out and unleashed repressed feelings. Luckily, that has not been the case. Mostly I just find him kissing, hugging, and cooing at little Ricky. He wants to hold him, laughs when the baby gasses (he does that a lot!!), shrieks when the baby spits up and laughs about all of his little faces. He seems as in love as Rick and I are with the little guy. I cant wait to see the friendship that could form between them. I know that Jacob will be such a good big brother! He has such a true love for babies, mommy, daddy, and of course his new best friend Ricky.
3 comments:
I remember one time when Tyler was a few weeks old, I was nursing and Josh was NOT HAPPY that I wasn't paying attention to him. He yelled at me, "Put him back! Put him back!" :) Jake is a bit older than Josh was, so maybe he understands it better! yay for boys.
looks like they share that same adorable hair line! So cute. Thank for posting. I especially love the shot of Ricky laying on his belly showing that wonderful rolly back. Wish I were there...
So sweet. Brothers are the best. I love watching my two boys together, its Heaven.
Post a Comment