Saturday, June 27, 2009

When I Grow Up I Want To Be A...

For years I have wavered on what I should do when I grow up. I have always loved photography and wanted to learn more. I have tried to be artistic in whatever I do, but now as a mom I sure love photographing my kiddos and anything that we enjoy in our day. I think it is what I want to do. Sad that at 30 I have finally made my decision, but I think that the reward of loving my career (something I don't think I would have had with any other choices) will be enough. What do you think?? With formal training, great equipment and media apps, could I go pro someday? Anyone saying no..... You are a hater! Just kidding. Well, here is what I worked on today. I wanted to capture Ricky exactly as he was. Tender, sweet, pure and so angelic. Did I succeed?





I don't just want to do kids. I definitely want to do some of everything (kids, occasions, families, artistic stuff,etc.) Maybe I more of an essence type of free lance work. You know, the kind of photography that captures a moment in time. It could be anything really. I just want to do projects and shoots that sound fun and interesting to me and a client someday. That could be anything really. I have a long way to go, but wish me luck! I will get to go to school in about 2 years. Until then......Lots of practice and work on my own. At least I have a direction now. Thank goodness. I love to have a direction.

4 comments:

Melissa L. said...

Definitely go for it! I remember your awesome photography skills from the mish, and it looks like you've only gotten better!

Colleen said...

Those are gorgeous! You can totally do it!

katherine said...

these are great! keep up the good work! what camera do you have? i would suggest getting a good dslr and then investing in some good lenses! let me know if you have any questions! ps, baby ricky is darling.

Stephanie said...

Yes you can! Now, will you come take some pics of my kids!