Friday, June 26, 2009

Oh The Summer Days. What has Jakie been up to. Funny Day Story

(I can't decide if this story is a testimate to Jacobs' undying resilience, or an account of his worst day ever! Read on and let me know what you think:)
So, I have been feeling terrible about being home so much all day, every day that I decided to get out. I met up with a friend of mine that has 2 sweet boys and our plan was for them to ride bikes. Jacob has been earning his bike with good deeds and did not have one yet so Gene lent us a big wheels bike that was just hanging around her house. We went to the park and got all of the bikes out and since there were all normal bikes with training wheels guess which one Jacob did not want to ride! All of the kids ran to saddle up and Jacob ran for my friends little boys bike. It was the one that would have fit him best, but, the little boy wanted to ride it (rightfully so!!). So, Jacob broke down and begged the little boy to let him ride it. As all of the kids rode away I tried to help Jacob on the big wheel bike but there was no fooling Jacob! He knew that it was the only one of it's kind and if no one else wanted to ride it, then neither did he. I helped him try after shaming him into it but unfortunately, the seat was a little too far back for him to ride it comfortably. He decided he was done and just pouted. He chased the youngest boy on the bike telling him that he needed to share and each time I had to lecture him and remind Jake that it was not his bike. Finally, Jacob looked at me and said, "that is it. I am going to pray!" I had wide eyes as I asked what? Yep, I heard right. Apparently, Jacob decided that he was going to go pray to the lord that he would help the kids realize that they were being naughty by not sharing with him and that they would then do so. Off he went to a park bench near the end of the parking lot and he sat there in prayer. After a while, my friends oldest boy finished for a moment on his larger sized bike and Jacob was all over it. He was gleeful as he jumped on and tried to pedal but the bike was about the size of a 7-8 year old rider. It had training wheels but as Jake propelled himself he flew off each time. He cried each time and then got back on. I held the back for him, but after a front flip to the right over the handlebars, I decided he would kill himself on it I had him get off. He sat in sadness for a few minutes and then decided he wanted a snack. I got him one and he wandered around for a few minutes until he met up with my friend that took her dog for a leak. Yeah, a leak. Well, Jake got curious and wandered right over to the tree where the dog was doing his business. Unfortunately for Jacob, he was not aware that a dog lifting his leg on a tree meant that there was a high chance of precipitation (if you know what I mean). Yep, if you just got what I meant, I confirm. Jacob got peed on! His bare left leg was covered in it and my friend and I cracked up. I bet that is something he will never do again! We washed Jacob down and off he went. He decided if he could not ride a bike then he would run faster than all of them. He ran around a hockey rink sized lot so many times I lost count. He rejoiced as each time he beat the bikes and laughed as they pedaled fast, fast, fast, and failed to overcome him. As the day wore on the youngest boy we went with was done riding and Jacob got to ride the little bike that was just his size. He got on that thing and away he went. He must have ridden over 1 hour on it just going in circles. You have not ever seen a happier child! Sure he flew off a few times and rammed a silver trash can, but he had a helmet so I just called out to make sure he was alive each time. He would jump up and say "I'm okay mommy. I don't want to stop!!!!? Each time a little more worried than the next as I am sure he was just waiting for me to yank him off at any second. Well, we did that for a few hours and finally right before going home a little boy came to the play area that had a motorized car (looked like the barbie corvette) and his eyes got huge. He looked at the bike and sadly said, oh, I don't have one of those. I said, nope kid you don't. Don't worry because no one else does or will either. He got the meaning and off he went sure of himself again. Unfortunately, our day ended with Jacob being dragged off of the bike for trying to run over the little boy in the car with a mob of about 6 other bikes. Somehow he thought that it would be fun to play motorized bumper car/bike. I tried to explain that the car had the advantage and could literally run him over, but he just looked at me and said. "I'm just trying to have fun. Why wont you let me have fun!" We packed it up, thanked everyone and had a conversation on the way home about what fun is and how we talk to mommy. He said he was sorry and that the day was fun except for getting peed on. He reminded me that it was naughty of the dog to pee on people and that his dog would not do so some day. I got him an ice cream on the way home to help drown the pee memories. Ahhh, I love this kid. He is such a funny boy but so sweet. Every day is an adventure and I wish I could recount ever story. I figured if you get peed on though, you tell about it! Miss you all! Enjoy the pics of Jacob at play over the last few days. I am experimenting with my camera so they are random, but of a wonderful subject none the less!
Me Just Being An Angel: (this is moms favorite way for me to be... Well this and laughing!)I love To Love "My Baby Ricky":Oh The Hours I Spend Just Being A Silly Boy:
Bike Time Baby!!! I can't wait to get one of my own!
Popsicle Paradise - It is the best part of summer!Bangin Around With A Broom!


Hunting Rolly-Pollies! 1st Find them themthen make them turn into balls en I examinte them thoroughly and squish them!!! Yep, I'm all boy!Last, I cry about them being dead. "Oh, I had to do it", I say with remorse every time.

3 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

I miss you guys and Jake's bundle of energy. I'm pretty sure he and my boys would run circles around all of us for weeks if we let them. Jake always made me smile...and still does.

Melissa L. said...

Hilarious! I'd say it's definitely a tribute to his resilience, as well as yours!!! Oh, and by the way, I love his Dracula hairstyle. :) What a cute kid!

Kuulei and Nick said...

Haha, That actually reminds me of a story, I'll post in on my blog. What a funny kid. I wish I had a chance to be around you and your family more. Take care!