Thank You For All That You Did Grandma (MOM)! I Put You On The Plane And Cried All Of The Way Home. We Are Okay On Our Own, But It Sure Was Nice To Have My Mommy Here!

Well, so ends another successful birth/
visit from Grandma
Hutchins. Last time we had her for 3 weeks but felt lucky to get her for these 2 weeks considering she had to use PTO for it. There will never be anything like your mommy coming to town and attending to your every need. She made beds, cleaned, washed, organized, tended Jake, fixed dinners and just did anything she saw that needed doing. I tried to get her to just relax, but
alas, that is not the mission of my mother. She is a doer! She actually seemed to enjoy keeping the house going while I was out of
commission and we sure appreciated it. I felt loved, cared for and secure just like I did as a child.
Don't worry, the cord is cut, it is just nice to be cared for. Not that Rick does not care for me, I just mean the way a mother cares for her child. Anyway, once again the highlights were:
- sitting and talking (that was about all I was good for considering the situation),
-seeing my mother hold my
children, hearing Jacob say that he loves his Grandma
Hutchins,
- seeing my mom get uptight as things needed to be done (I always get a kick out of her moments of neurosis)
-watching her face read exhaustion as Jacob smothered her in all of his energy,
-seeing Rick eat properly for the first time in 7 months without having to cook it himself, and of course,
-just
getting more time with my momma!
*Here are a few pictures we got while out for the 2 times we left home.

Mom and I up on
Mnt. Washington overlooking the city where the 3 rivers converge.

Mom with the kids at the same point. Wish we got one with Rick in there!!!
Well Momma, we sure miss you and invite you home here with us anytime you want to come. You wont have to take care of us that way hopefully for you, but we would love more time with you whenever you feel like coming to visit. We all love you and
appreciate you more than you will ever know! I wish every member could visit and be with us as many of the favorites are favorites of each that we love. Somehow, it is just extra special when it is your momma.
No comments:
Post a Comment