Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh The Summer Days

Does anyone else miss being a care child that could run around wet in a park? I took Jacob to a local park to play with friends and had such a fun time. The park turns on the sprinklers from 1-4pm during the month of July and August for kids to run in and play. I was hoping Jacob would love it and just as I hoped he freaked out. He saw the water spouts shooting water 10 ft into the sky and squealed with delight. He just loved playing on them. The set up was super simple but it was right next to a huge castle like slide/bridge and he had a ball going between them. As I sat and watched his little white body run in and out of the water with the other kids I thought about when I was little and getting to play in water (pool, sprinklers, slip & slide, any water) was the best thing there was to do. I loved being wet and laying on the warm cement, cold soda pop and sandwiches while wrapped in a towel and the snugly feeling of warmth that I had on the ride home as I dozed off. I relived it all today as I watched Jacob and thought how grateful I am to have such wonderful children to watch and re live it all again through them. Here are a fun few shots that really showed the fun Jacob had. I love his irrepressible spirit and wonderful personality. The lollipop and water together were just about heaven for him!

No comments: