Jakie said he was so bored and as you can see from my last blog, so was I! Well, when I got a call from friends of the ward inviting us to join them on an impromptu trip to the "fountain Stairs" downtown Jakie and I was were excited. The stairs are a super cool water feature right on the river shore downtown right next to Heinz Field. The fountain is designed in 5 graduated stair shaped pools that go from street level down to the North Shore boardwalk. We got there at about 1pm and after Sunblock and snacks Jakie was off. The kids chased each other around until they met a lady that had a bag full of water guns for her kids and was willing to share. Jakie had a blast! He ran around like a crazy man, interrupted by a brief time out for shooting girls in the face at close range with water pistols (see sad face), while Ricky and I hung out in the shade with the other moms and babies. The views of the bridges and buildings near by were great, and the breeze from the Allegheny River and pool were refreshing. It was fun. I planned to stay for an hour or so but 3& 1/2 hours later we were still asking for just 5 more minutes. Jakie passed out in the car after eating his lunch and snack on the way home and I thought.... yep, it was worth it just for the quite ride home:)

Just when I thought the day was winding down and the fun was over, I got lost (which happens frequently) when my GPS battery died. I ended up winding around through some of the most scenic sections of the City and loved it. The view was so clear. Usually the view is grey and mucky, but not Friday. It was super clear, so with two sleeping kids in the car and a small camera in the diaper bag (there for moments just like this when I forgot the good camera) I pulled up to the look out point, left the car running with windows down and leaned out to get these shots. I loved it! Pittsburgh is quite photogenic. Up close I give the city a 5, but from a distance it is a big 10! I figure not bad for a little point and click camera! Enjoy the shots.

Just when I thought the day was winding down and the fun was over, I got lost (which happens frequently) when my GPS battery died. I ended up winding around through some of the most scenic sections of the City and loved it. The view was so clear. Usually the view is grey and mucky, but not Friday. It was super clear, so with two sleeping kids in the car and a small camera in the diaper bag (there for moments just like this when I forgot the good camera) I pulled up to the look out point, left the car running with windows down and leaned out to get these shots. I loved it! Pittsburgh is quite photogenic. Up close I give the city a 5, but from a distance it is a big 10! I figure not bad for a little point and click camera! Enjoy the shots.
So, just when I thought we had reached our maximum entertainment I went to get Rick from work and he said he wanted to do a bonfire! Really?? YAY! So, off to the church field we went. We have a great big field that flanks our meeting house. It reminds me of one I visited when I was a kid (Rosecrans building). There is a large fire pit there. We sent out a few notifying texts to friends with invites to join us and headed out. We got there about about 7pm and the Olson's met us later that evening. It was fun to let Jakie run, Ricky sleep and Rick and I relax and talk to friends. We roasted wieners and smores and just had a fun evening. I went to bed early after all of the excitement and heat! It was a fun day. Wish they were all this fun. Here is what I was able to shoot from the fire! It made me want to camp!
1 comment:
sounds like a great day, and we have to go back to the fountain stairs! i loved it. and of course i would LOVE if we could find a time for you to do some pics of my girls! what a treat!
Post a Comment