Ricky started smiling!! Yes, it is early (he was 6 weeks when he started) but he is definitely a provoked smiler. He loves to engage eye contact, coo and smile a sweet smirk that is followed up by a big open mouth smile! This is not as good as he usually does, but he stops when I get out the camera. It is like he gets entranced!
Ricky was blessed in Provo in Ricks home ward on 8/2/09. It was a beautiful blessing in which Rick gave Ricky his Grandfathers name (Richard Jennings Shumway) and blessed him to live up to it. It was really a beautiful blessing. Here he is in his blessing suit.
This is a picture of him in the blue crochet suite was Ricky in his daddy's blessing suit. We have tried it on Jacob and Ricky each and they are both too big for them. Ricky's biceps were way to huge and he was too long for it. It sure was cute though!
Ricky got to meet his great Grandma Shumway for the first time while visiting.
Ricky and Jakie just love their grandmas! They love grandmas, great grandmas and pretty much all ladies that want to love them. Grandmother Shumway was giving them such sweet love here and they loved her back!
Well, it is official, Ricky's eyes are definitely blue. They are so pretty! They have a grey blue band that has a lighter blue band inside around the dark pupils. I love looking at them!
Could this child have received more kisses???? Aunt Katie and Grandma Shumway sure gave him a lot, but every time I got him back from family members at gatherings I could smell numerous colognes and perfumes and see lipstick kisses all over him. He could not believe his luck!
Provo Canyon: South Fork Park Grounds
The stream that cooled our hot summer day before coming home.
Uncle Cam dipping Jacob in the stream in his undies!
Jacob walking across the stones. Such a ham! This was a favorite family home evening site for Dad while we lived in UT.
Jacob throwing rocks in the Provo river (a favorite pass time) in a park of Ricks childhood near their home in Provo where he grew up.
A visit with Linus Harker. Kelly and Danny brought their kids over. Jakie and Linus took a minute to warm up but just look at they being buds!
2 comments:
I love his blue eyes they are just beautiful. Jake is getting so tall! Miss you guys.
Aw...I love the pictures! I was hoping you would post that one of Linus and Jackie! They are so cute! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment