Friday, October 24, 2008

Yeah, We Made It To Utah!

We made it! Anyone wondering what I am talking about can refer to the previous post. We got in late on Wednesday evening. Jacob has already spend every moment with Grandma and Grandpa, Katie and Cam. He loves when everyone gives him attention and lets him do as he wishes!! We have done Jacob centered activities for most of the evenings and Jacob has loved every minute of it!!
We had quite the trip. So I said before that the airline was charging us major $$$ to change the date, etc.. but, when we got to the counter on Wednesday afternoon, we ended up having the waved! Yeah!! I was so happy when the ticketing agent said," I can't believe that they charged you after what you have been through. I am waving all of the charges and here is your flight ticket." I seriously was so excited I wanted to kiss the lady! Never doubt that the Lord is looking out for me was the lesson that I learned. I learn it over and over on a daily basis, but after praying for $$ the whole night before and wondering how we were going to pay for the credit card next month, the Lord took one for the team. I love how that works.
So, the flight was fine. I was exhausted but Jake didn't slow down a bit! With medicine in him, a cast on his arm and a sling to immobilize him, he still wanted to play and talk to everyone. He told everyone that would listen about how he had fallen down 15 stairs and went to the doctor. Everyone felt sorry for him but he was in heaven. I think that little guy would have tried to play the whole time if I let him. Jacob even finagled great seats from the ticketing agent, free snacks and goodies from the flight attendants and a seat in the cockpit. The pilot on our flight from Dallas to SLC let Jake sit in his seat and wear his hat. I got a picture of him playing pilot and looking pleased. It is adorable though.
The best part was getting in and seeing the family waiting. I love that we have so many people that love us. I wish Rick was here too, but I get to see him in 5 days and he can stay for 6-7 days. I miss him and hate being away. Thanks to everyone that was sad for Jake. He is such a trooper and I am proud of him taking it as such a little man!

1 comment:

Doug and Laura said...

I can't believe it, seriously! I hope I get to see you. Enjoy your family and the time you get to be here, you deserve it! I am sorry for Jake's arm. WOW.