Gosh, I cant believe it has been 2 weeks. I am definitely better at blogging when I am back at home on a schedule. So, what have we done so far?? Well, Jacob had such a great time on Halloween! He got to get dressed as Mr. Incredible and he was thrilled.
We went over to Grandmother Shumways and ended up trick or treating in her neighborhood. He got plenty of candy and spend the evening talking to Grandmother and Aunt Jooey about all of the candy he got and about his super powers. I think they got as much of a kick out of him as we did. It was nice to see Grandmother and Jake together.
There is no doubt that there is love and legacy there!!
So, there is a lot of other stuff going on right now. First off, Rick is only here for another day. He flies back to Pittsburgh in the morning and gets in just in time to vote!! Yeah. I am sick that I cant vote (Dang voter registrations office sucks for not getting me my absentee ballot in time) but Rick will cary on the family vote for McCain/Palin ticket. I think anyone is better than Obama so far, but I hope that people actually think about what our country will become if he wins. I have faith that people will get it right. not everyone, just about 51%. That is all we need.
So, there is a lot of other stuff going on right now. First off, Rick is only here for another day. He flies back to Pittsburgh in the morning and gets in just in time to vote!! Yeah. I am sick that I cant vote (Dang voter registrations office sucks for not getting me my absentee ballot in time) but Rick will cary on the family vote for McCain/Palin ticket. I think anyone is better than Obama so far, but I hope that people actually think about what our country will become if he wins. I have faith that people will get it right. not everyone, just about 51%. That is all we need.
Rick has been so sweet with Jacob, as ususal, and I love to see them together. They were adoreable on Halloween when Jake led us from house to house talking about how happy he was to have mommy and daddy with him. We love to be wanted. 
Other news, Jacob is doing great with his cast. He has now adapted so well that he actually uses it to cary things, etc. He rarely complains and just figures that is how it is. I could not ask for a better little boy. He keeps me on my toes, but he knocks me off of my feet with his love and intellect. I think I prefer that combination if I had to choose one.
MAJOR NEWS ALERT:
I have been fairing pretty well. Most people don't know yet that I am pregnant but we finally told family, so I guess it is onto the friends. I am about 8 weeks along now and have been super sick since about 6 weeks. For those of you doing the math, that is about 1 day after I got to Utah. Awesome huh?? Nope! I feel horrible most of the day and wish that the first trimester was over. You ladies with the baby bellies know what I am talking about. I got a prescription called in for me here so I am hoping and praying that it will help. I don't have to feel great, just not like I am on a rollercoaster all of the time!
I have my first doctors apt. when I get home and we get to hear the heart beat. I am super psyched. I just love this little one already. Jacob is really excited too. Each morning he says, "Hello little baby, it is your big brother Jakie and I am going to love you so much." He will be a great big brother. I am hoping that after I get some relief that this pregnancy will stay positive and fun. I look forward to the kicking and moving stage, but that is a ways off. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know our great news.
There is so much more to say but I am feeling queasy from watching the cursor move on the screen. I will have to finish other updates later. Love you all!! I love reading your blogs too so have a great week. I am sure it will be about that long before I get back to updating things.
Other news, Jacob is doing great with his cast. He has now adapted so well that he actually uses it to cary things, etc. He rarely complains and just figures that is how it is. I could not ask for a better little boy. He keeps me on my toes, but he knocks me off of my feet with his love and intellect. I think I prefer that combination if I had to choose one.
MAJOR NEWS ALERT:
I have been fairing pretty well. Most people don't know yet that I am pregnant but we finally told family, so I guess it is onto the friends. I am about 8 weeks along now and have been super sick since about 6 weeks. For those of you doing the math, that is about 1 day after I got to Utah. Awesome huh?? Nope! I feel horrible most of the day and wish that the first trimester was over. You ladies with the baby bellies know what I am talking about. I got a prescription called in for me here so I am hoping and praying that it will help. I don't have to feel great, just not like I am on a rollercoaster all of the time!
I have my first doctors apt. when I get home and we get to hear the heart beat. I am super psyched. I just love this little one already. Jacob is really excited too. Each morning he says, "Hello little baby, it is your big brother Jakie and I am going to love you so much." He will be a great big brother. I am hoping that after I get some relief that this pregnancy will stay positive and fun. I look forward to the kicking and moving stage, but that is a ways off. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know our great news.
There is so much more to say but I am feeling queasy from watching the cursor move on the screen. I will have to finish other updates later. Love you all!! I love reading your blogs too so have a great week. I am sure it will be about that long before I get back to updating things.
5 comments:
We need to get together! I'll call you! :)
YAY! I'm so happy for you! Bummer that you're sick, though. :( I'll think of you tomorrow at the polls as I vote against Obama. ;)
CONGRATULATIONS! Geoff told me the other day that it slipped in a phone conversation with Rick.
Sorry about your being bummed about McCain/Palin.
I hope the meds start kicking in soon.
Love you.
-Kimberlee
Congratulations! I was waiting for that one! Hey we need to get together while you are here, if you feel up to it. Jakie is so cute! I know he will be a good big brother.
So exciting! We are of course so happy for you and know Jake will be the best big brother. Good luck with the roller coaster feeling. I have just accepted that my roller coaster ride may just always continue off and on. But yea, it is all for good reason:)
Post a Comment