Thursday, November 20, 2008

Seeing our Friends.

Well, one of my favorite things about visiting Utah is getting to steal a way a few minutes with long time friends. I got to see 3 of the many but really enjoyed what times we had. I have been sick for much of the time and feel bad that I was not my usual self though. I loved seeing Kendra

Dunger (previously Birch) after so much time away. It has been years since our last visit but she was just as adoreable and wonderful as I remember. Jacob loved her. No surprise since she was a teacher and knew how to entertain him, but he really liked her. Jacob also loved her little girl Tory. She is such a beautiful baby!! Again, no surprise there (Just look at her momma & Daddy!!). We went to lunch and hung out at her place for a few hours and it was so nice to get away and catch up. Cant wait to visit again soon someday! Kendin, you are always welcome to visit here should you feel the need to come east!!
Next I got to visit Kelly Harker. She remains to be a favorite friend of the family. She was hysterical as usual and a pleasure to dine with. We went to Macceroni grill since she is Prego and I am Prego and that just sounded like we could both be pleased there. The food was fine but my favorite thing was seeing her and her son Linus!! I adore that little guy. He seems so sweet and shy and I love kids like that. Jacob loved him too. They got along great and laughed all through lunch and the ride home. I find it amazing that Jacob can get along with children of all ages with little problems if any. He just wants to love other kids and play. I am always glad that the does get along with them because then the moms are always excited to come visit or let me visit them. It sucks when a friends kid picks on your kid so I am fierce about keeping Jacob in line with friends kids. I never want to be the mom that does not stop her kid from picking on others kids! Kelly had the camera that day so I will get pics from her site and post them later.
Finally, I got to see Jenn Lambert!! I love seeing her too. It is like we are 21 years old again and working in the mission all over again. I love talking with her about anything and making her laugh. She cracks up at most of what I say and I love it. We talked about everything we could fit in and I am always amazed at how smart she is. Not because she is blonde (just kidding Jenn)! Ha, I'm gonna get it for that one! No, she is just smart about things that I am not always smart in. I get a kick out of her and all of her thoughts. I guess that is the mark of a true friend. We can get together after years and it feels like no time has passed. Things are different for us both no doubt, but the core of the person is the same great person you befriended in the beginning. I have been very lucky with friends and have many that feel much the same way. I wish I could have seen you all!! Here is a picture of Jacob with Maddie (Jenn's gorgeous daughter. Maddie is a spitting immage of Jenn to me!!


1 comment:

Bro Heber said...

I love that 3rd picture. What a ladies man!