I cant believe my day!!! So, I told everyone that we were 3 hours from heading out to Utah. Well, now we are about 18 hours from heading out to Utah. Math???? 3 hours is now 18 you ask?? The answer is ...Yep! How does that happen? Well here is how it happens:
Your child (Jake in this case) tries to Carry a toy chest down the stairs 1 hour before departing for the airport and trips, falls, tumbles down 15 stairs and lands on his left arm. You go to pick him up as I did to comfort and check him only to find that his left arm is broken. You go to a thoroughly incompetent Hospital near by for 2 & 1/2 hours and then get sent to a competent but slow hospital. Even after you expressly told them that you were trying to make a flight that day. Then in the new hospital they spend another 6 hours testing, confirming and treating the broken arm. You miss your first flights, then miss the new ones re-booked for later that day and after a few major breakdowns, major bills, and major flight re booking fees end up with new days booked and set. That is how you end up 15 hours in the rear for leaving.
Can you believe it?? Just our luck. I have had it emotionally and physically. I wanted to rip someones head off when things were so slow and after we had been in ER's for 9 hours for a freakin' broken arm that from start to finish should have taken 3 max. I can see why people hate to go to the ER. I wish that they could just knock everyone out when the walk in and only wake you when things are done. I think I could have been a lot happier with the results that way.
In the mean time, Jakie is doing his best with his cast. It is dark blue and huge and heavy on his little tiny arm. He is so sweet and took it like a man. Actually, I am pretty sure that he did better than a lot of grown men would have done. Not many tears and Barney cured his aches and pains for the first 2 & 1/2 hours as we waited to see a doctor without medication. Sad huh?? I am proud of my little guy. I am so grateful that his little arm was the only thing broken. Anything else broken, especially his little spirit would have been devastating.
I wish I could get a handicapped chair lift for the stairs now since I am never going to feel good about him walking up and down on his own again!!!! Anyway, We will try again tomorrow to get out to Utah. If anything else happens I give up. We can't afford anything else to go wrong!!
Your child (Jake in this case) tries to Carry a toy chest down the stairs 1 hour before departing for the airport and trips, falls, tumbles down 15 stairs and lands on his left arm. You go to pick him up as I did to comfort and check him only to find that his left arm is broken. You go to a thoroughly incompetent Hospital near by for 2 & 1/2 hours and then get sent to a competent but slow hospital. Even after you expressly told them that you were trying to make a flight that day. Then in the new hospital they spend another 6 hours testing, confirming and treating the broken arm. You miss your first flights, then miss the new ones re-booked for later that day and after a few major breakdowns, major bills, and major flight re booking fees end up with new days booked and set. That is how you end up 15 hours in the rear for leaving.
Can you believe it?? Just our luck. I have had it emotionally and physically. I wanted to rip someones head off when things were so slow and after we had been in ER's for 9 hours for a freakin' broken arm that from start to finish should have taken 3 max. I can see why people hate to go to the ER. I wish that they could just knock everyone out when the walk in and only wake you when things are done. I think I could have been a lot happier with the results that way.
In the mean time, Jakie is doing his best with his cast. It is dark blue and huge and heavy on his little tiny arm. He is so sweet and took it like a man. Actually, I am pretty sure that he did better than a lot of grown men would have done. Not many tears and Barney cured his aches and pains for the first 2 & 1/2 hours as we waited to see a doctor without medication. Sad huh?? I am proud of my little guy. I am so grateful that his little arm was the only thing broken. Anything else broken, especially his little spirit would have been devastating.
I wish I could get a handicapped chair lift for the stairs now since I am never going to feel good about him walking up and down on his own again!!!! Anyway, We will try again tomorrow to get out to Utah. If anything else happens I give up. We can't afford anything else to go wrong!!
5 comments:
Sadness! Che sfiga! I hope things go better tomorrow.
Geoff told me last night. I am so sorry that plans didn't work smoothly and even more so that Jake's arm is broken! I was telling Geoff that I bet it doesn't change his energy or positive attitude in life. He's such a sweety.
...another week...if you know what i mean. perhaps you are the only that understand. then, hopefully another few weeks, if we get to make it that far...i hope in a month i'll be peppering you with questions. but if not...
Have a wonderful trip.
That is such a rotten day! I am so sorry you had to endure that. Poor Jake, I can just imagine his little arm in a blue cast. I hope things are better now and you arrived to Utah safely. I wish your vacation to be very relaxing and restful.
Ohhhh Sarah, I'm so sorry!!! You will get to Utah...eventually!!!On a happy note, I was looking through the older posts on your blog and you look fantastic! Love the hair! Jake is getting so big and so handsome. We miss you guys!!! Tell Rick "HI!" from us!
oh my poor jakie! that sucks- when it rains it pours in the shumway family! :/
Post a Comment