I wanted to announce to any friends and family that we learned on Conference morning in this October that there would be a temple in Rome!! Amazing huh.
Here is the site that the church has slated for construction:

It looks so truly Italian. It will be an amazing temple just because of where it will be. I believe that this is the very site that President Pacini took us on our first day in the mission. I still have an olive leaf from the ground there.
I served in Rome in 2000-2001 so I cannot begin to express how excited that I am. We worked so hard to get enough members for just a real stake, so I am thrilled to know that the work has progressed enough to merritt a temple! I can think of all of the faithful members that will want to work there if not visit every week. Even the people of Sardegnia will be able to go with less trouble than before.
Fact: For years, Italian Saints have traveled the long distance to the Bern Switzerland Temple, which now serves more stakes and districts from Italy than from any other country.Today there are over 22,600 members organized into 6 stakes and 7 districts. That is just amazing to me. I am a missionary from Italy's past but I know that the first missionary to Rome is so proud. Paul, *Paulo* I know that you are so proud of your mission finally being ready for all of the blessings of exaltation right in their own city!! Cant wait to see the construction start and visit on day! Anyone else planning on going to the dedication?
No comments:
Post a Comment