Tuesday, October 21, 2008

3 hours and counting till Utah

Well, we are headed out today. We have spent the last day or two cleaning, shopping, packing etc. and at this point, if I forgot anything I will borrow it or buy it new. I think that my bag is a s full as it can be and I feel fine about it because I will be gone a month. I don't think I have ever been gone a month! I am sure I have packed more before, but this time I am justified! Rick is so excited to see mom & dad and Jake is soooooo ready to start getting spoiled! Everyone needs someone that will spoil them. I am the one that does that for me! ha ha.

We fly out with rick on one airline and Jake and I on another. Bummer huh. I am doing a full harness leash for Jake through the airport. I know that people think it is inhumane but so is me chasing him through the airport 1 step from letting a cuss word fly and threatening to take everything he owns away! Jake is so funny when we travel. He is so curious and alert. He talks to everyone (sound like anyone?) flirts with the ladies, gives high fives, charms the grandparents and ends up the center of attention. Rick and I get embarrassed as he tells about potty training, mommy being mean to him, begging for candy from others and trying to get in on others conversations, but it is pretty funny to watch.

I am excited to see the family and have some quality time with dad especially. Everyone else too, but since knowing about the cancer I cant wait to hug him everyday over the next month and let him know how much we love him. I think that he already knows, but we just want to express it as often as we can. We just want more quality time. Time with him laughing, talking, telling stories, playing with Jacob, picking on us, whatever. I plan to see friends, get some of my favorite Utah things in, but mostly I just want to spend time with family. I hope to do the same with my Mom & Dad too sometime soon. I just really miss all family right now. See you soon Utah!

1 comment:

Melissa L. said...

Hey, Sarah. I don't know if you'll see this or not, so I'll try calling your cell later today. If you do get a chance to hop on a 1.5 hour plane, come on down to Phoenix! I would LOVE to see you! Too bad it was last weekend I was in SLC and not this coming one. Pazienza. :)