Well, I had the moment I have dreaded for a long time now.
I was playing with Ricky on Friday and kissing his chubby belly when I called him a little chubby baby. We always call him this (even though he is not really that big). Jacob smiled, laughed a second and then asked. "mom, what does chubby mean"? I told him it was when there was extra weight on the belly & body (neck, legs, rear, what have you).
Jacob said,"oh, I understand", and thought to himself for a minute.
Here it comes....The moment I dreaded...
He looked up at me after that moment of reflection and said, " so are you chubby momma"? I wanted to ground him, sell him, or just do anything but answer! But, I being honest said, " well, unfortunately Jacob I am a bit chubby honey". It was like vinegar in my mouth to say it, but I would have confused him if I said no. Clearly, I am.
I was honest, however, I did not care to linger on the subject. Immediately, I explained that no one wants to be called chubby over the age of 2 years old. It was okay for Ricky, but not for others. I told him to be sure not to ask others if they were chubby! It was my own fault thought! I told him what it meant! I wish it was one of the times that I called Ricky beautiful that Jacob asked about! I could have used a compliment that day (actually, Jakie usually says that too thought...he is sweet).
I would love to say that I took it in strides and that I was okay with it since kids are brutally honest, but I wasn't. I have thought his very statement about myself for years now but have kinda just gotten through it the best I could. The truth is though that I hate feeling tired & uncomfortable & = I cant even tell you how much I hate that I don't enjoy shopping for clothing anymore. It was one of my favorite things to do! 2 kids and no exercise takes its toll! A schedule full of kids, husbands, dinners, chores, duties, etc. doesn't make it easy to find time to get to the gym either!
Anyway, It took me all afternoon to digest the honest comment and then at about 4pm I snapped. I decided to buy a treadmill for the house (scheduled to arrive this next week) that I could use daily for enough cardio to make a difference and (although I already eat pretty well), I am going to amp it up with my favorite eating habits on the ABS Diet. If you have never heard of it, It is awesome and it really works...fast. Rick does it with me just because If I cook, he ends up eating the healthy stuff I make, and we both see results each time. I will have to balance all cardio & eating efforts with 3 days of resistance training per week to see results, but I think I can commit if I make it the first thing I do in the mornings.
I guess I am just admitting that I need the change! Thank goodness it was Jake that said it. He is hard to hold a grudge against:) I wonder if there is someone else out there might be feeling the same as me & maybe someone wants to start with me? Why wait till New Years?
Oh well, Wish me luck!
I figured I could post monthly progress and tips that work (only ones that work) here in the blog so that I can remember my progress and so that I don't suddenly pop up looking too different (because come H*** or High Water, I am going to get back on track this time!). Well skip the starter photo because I don't really want to remember myself as I am right now. I mean I love myself and all, I just want to put up the first one that I am excited about.
See... Nothing if not honest!
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
2 comments:
I was planning on starting on November 1st...lol Lets do it together
Good job handling that Sarah! Good luck! Share some of your recipes!
Post a Comment