Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Jersey Shore

When we got to New Jersey to see the Harkers in May, I just could not resist seeing the famous New Jersey Shore. We drove about 2 hours, 3 toll roads and finally got to a fun beach. We circled for about 20 minutes to find a parking spot, got all loaded up and then arrived at a pay booth that charged for entrance onto the beach! WHAT THE ??? I could not believe that they charged 8$ per person to enter the beach. I almost flipped! We paid the $$ in the end but I was thinking to myself, well, they just charged for the last free thing in freaking America! We will not be moving to Jersey anytime soon (unless we get a great job, of course). Oh well. Once there, we had a great time and loved to play in the water! Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE the shore. I love the west coast, but I am just happy near any ocean line. One day I hope to live there forever, or at least visit yearly! Greetings from the Atlantic Ocean everyone!

No comments: