This trip was taken in June but I am only now getting to it. I was beginning to wonder if we ever really did it! I miss the beautiful beach, the beautiful weather and the stress free fun! Here is what happened in real time (only recorded a month or so later!)
We are headed to CA!!!!!!! I am so excited. We woke up early this morning (June 5th) and headed out on our standard 8am flight. Not much to report there.... A few breakfast burritos, sodas and seats later, we were on our way. We had a 3 hour layover in Baltimore so Ricky and Jakie just played and wandered the airport until it was time to go. Here is Jakie thanking Rick for getting to go to Disneyland!
I got a few pics of Rick and Jake playing, but we were tired and I did not shoot much else. We got into LAX at about 2pm. Jacob was so excited to see Mom, Cam and Kate (of course!)
. We did hugs, hello's and then headed off for the rental car and back to the hotel. Pretty standard. Dinner and Target were the most we made of that evening. The next day Sunday (June 6th) was our first day out to see the city and we made the most of it. Church was un-doable due to times, and location, so we headed out sight seeing later that morning. We drove out to check out a few fun things like:
The Beaches! I just wanted to drive around and see/smell the Star Jasmine, birds of paradise, oleander etc. Southern California smells so great to me. I loved in San Diego before moving to UT and I loved smelling the air each morning as I headed to the beach for a morning walk or surf. Anyway, we drove around and though it was cloudy, it was still beautiful. We went in search of Will Rogers State Beach (travel channel said it was beautiful) and after a long search, we found it just North of the Santa Monica Pier. We all got out and went for a stroll (not a full day since Thursday was to be our beach day). We played in the sand, watched the sailboats in the distance, relaxed and then headed home. Well, not exactly home. Mom had done some research on a huge Mexican market in downtown LA so we haded over.
We only wandered through for a few minutes, but it was fun to see all that it offered.
By then, we were tired! We headed home to rest, and did dinner and the pool later that evening. I wish every day were like that! Someday......maybe it can be:)
The Beaches! I just wanted to drive around and see/smell the Star Jasmine, birds of paradise, oleander etc. Southern California smells so great to me. I loved in San Diego before moving to UT and I loved smelling the air each morning as I headed to the beach for a morning walk or surf. Anyway, we drove around and though it was cloudy, it was still beautiful. We went in search of Will Rogers State Beach (travel channel said it was beautiful) and after a long search, we found it just North of the Santa Monica Pier. We all got out and went for a stroll (not a full day since Thursday was to be our beach day). We played in the sand, watched the sailboats in the distance, relaxed and then headed home. Well, not exactly home. Mom had done some research on a huge Mexican market in downtown LA so we haded over.
No comments:
Post a Comment