Don't you just love this video? Jakie sang this in Preschool and shared it at home for the first time after thanksgiving. Silly boy. I just love him! I think it says it all:
So, this was the first year that I attempted to make a Turkey, all of the sides and still have guests come. We were able to have our friends Dan and Sarah Linfesty come to stay with us for a few days and enjoy the holiday. The cooking started at about 8pm Wednesday night and went until about 4pm on Thurs (with about a 4 hour break for me to get some rest). The menu consisted of a 12lb turkey rubbed with sage, thyme, butter and garlic, thyme garlic potatoes augrautain, sweet and savory butternut, cranberry and sourdough stuffing, fresh green bean casserole, corn on the cob, home made chive and thyme dinner rolls, Waldorf salad with glazed pecans and poppy seed dressing, home made cranberry sauce, whipped red skin potatoes, home made pumpkin pie, home made cranberry meringue pie and home made vanilla bean ice cream. (things in red were done by Dan and Sarah and were exceptional!!!!) All for 4 adults and 1 kid! Talk about a feast! It was a beast of a meal to prepare, but I really enjoyed it. I like cooking and I like people but if I add them together, I LOVE it. I guess i just love to entertain! Cant wait to get a house one day so that everyone can be invited. Only thing I did really wrong was forget to get pictures!! I was so exhausted after it was all served that I just completely forgot. Oh well, maybe I can get Sarah to send me a few of hers. We ate, relaxed, cleaned up and then played catchphrase until about midnight. I love catchphrase! Probably because I am actually good at that one and I love seeing Rick turn red when my team beats his team. He, he. It is still fun even when he beats mine though.
Well, there is much to be thankful for. I think about this every day, but I guess this season is the appropriate time to say it. I compiled a list of my most grateful things below. I am sure that Rick would have much more to add, but since he is making the bacon he is not here to comment. I think he would say "dido" on most of them though.
1. Rick. I am grateful for Rick and all that he intales. He is his own man but a product of a truly amazing home. He is a product of a Father and Mother that taught him perfectly what is right and wrong. I truly feel lucky to have him!
2. Beautiful children as wonderful inside as they are outside. I smile every time I see them and love every interaction we have (even when they are naughty). They give me a chance to grow and learn in a way that only a mother could. They are truly my greatest gifts.
3. A Home. It is just an apartment, but we feel happiness and togetherness here every day. We are so grateful to be safe, secure, warm and clean. That is so much more than many have and we are grateful for it.
4. Family that loves us! We have never had to ask, but if we needed something, I know we would not have to hesitate to ask. Our parents are so generous, concerned and close to us both. He with his, and I with mine and because they love us, each with each others. This is truly a wonderful blessing as it makes our happy family bigger and happier. Love you guys!
5. A Job. That is especially appreciated in a time when there are not plenty to go around. Rick has made very good career choices that have sustained us thus far. It has been with work on both of our parts to make things happen, but I sure am glad that Rick is willing to work everyday to sustain us and allow me to be home.
6. Faith in our Savior And Heavenly Father! Where would we be with out this? Everything we do, every reaction we have in our lives revolves around our faith. So much that would be tragic is bearable,those things that are hard are made easier, and things that are happy are even happier because of that knowledge that God lives and that there is a plan. We are forever grateful for that. It means that we are never permanently apart, it means that we are loved, it means that we are not alone, it means that there is more than what we can see. How grateful we are for that knowledge.
7. For our friends. You are amazing friends. We always wish we could spend time and talk more with each of you, but we are so grateful even for the comments, texts, and shout outs on facebook. We miss you all. We are grateful that we are here, but wish we were there too. Love you all!
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment