Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Conversation With Jake

I thought I would share this conversation with everyone so that I don't ever forget what a funny boy I have, and so you can all see how sweet his little mind is. Here was our conversation as we watched the show Dinosaur Train on PBS.

Jakie: Mom, do you know what a carnivores and a herbivores are?
Me: well sure honey, it is when an animal eats meat, and when an animal eats plants.
Jakie: yeah mom, when a dinosaur eats meat or plants.
Me: well, not just a dinosaur honey, anything that eats meat is a carnivore and anything that eats plants is a herbivore.
Jakie: Oh, really, okay.
Jakie: (4 minutes later after he learns about omnivores) Mom, do you know what an omnivore is?
Me: Sure, it is when something eats both meat and vegetables.
Jakie: Yep, you sure are right mommy. You are really smart.
Me: Thanks honey, you sure are too.
Jakie: Well, I watch dinosaur train and they know a lot. I just learn it.
Me: I sure am glad that you learn it honey.

Jakie: (4 minutes later while mommy is nursing Ricky) Mom, I am an omnivore and so are you.
Me: Yep honey, you sure are.
Jakie: Yeah, and Ricky, he must be a Milk-ivore right?
Me: (after a few chuckles) Sure is honey. You are a smart one.
Jakie: Thanks mom, you sure are lovely and I love you.

2 comments:

kate said...

hee hee! SO cute. jake is smart as well as sweet.

Kendra said...

That is hilarious! Seriously, kids say the funniest things sometimes! One kid asked my mom if she was feeding my sister chocolate milk because she is brown. Ha ha ha!