Ricky: He is not 5 months and a week. He is long, long, long! About 28 inches last measure. He is about 18lbs, not fat, but chunky. I love his tiny roles! Ricky loves to sit up, play in his Johnny Jumper (I will get pics/video of that sometime), but is so over laying on the floor. Tummy time is fun for him for about 10 minutes and then he has had it. He is too big for his swing now because his weight slows the swing and stops, so of course he is done there. Problem is that I cook, clean, do projects, do bills, etc. all day and I need a place for him to just be for a bit so my idea was the exerciser. I got it for 20$ on Craig's list and it was in perfect condition. I will sell it the day he is done with it too. I sure love it for the short while he loves it though. Here he is playing and enjoying his new toy.
Jakie: He is doing great in school, when he is there. Jake also got croup and had to be home for a week or so. His teacher Mrs. Patterson is fantastic and loves Jake so much. Even when he says the work "poop" and laughs about it in a naughty way. (It is hard to stop that one though. It is just built into our DNA to think poop is funny!) She reprimands him kindly, but lets it slide. She is kind, generous, understanding but firm with him and I love it. He really loves being in school and thus far, cant wait to go each morning. Jakie finished his first season of Soccer and loved it. He was thrilled when his coach came by after his last game (because he missed it when he was sick) with a trophy with D.C. United Soccer 2009 on it. Jake was sure he won MVP!
Sarah: I too have been sick a few times. I spend my days running the kids to things, doing play dates, Dr. appointments, cleaning the house, doing the bills, groceries, and getting Rick to and from work. I am exhausted most evenings but I absolutely love it. I have dong many jobs, worked a lot of hours in my life but I am so happy to be at home with the kids and running the home. I am truly happiest when things run well. No more cursing because I cant find socks, undies, or church clothes at the bottom of the hamper! Okay, maybe on Sundays, but only on occasion. My only really eciting news is that I CUT MY HAIR. I cut off about 6 inches so it now goes to my collar bone and I love it! I am able to do it every day and it looks nice all...well, most of the time. It still looks long enough and will grow out awesome. I will get pics up after I get them taken. Other than that ..I have been planning my brother Jonathan's wedding in TX. from PA.and that has been time consuming but fun. I love helping when I can and I have really enjoyed it. I get to go back and see him at Christmas for the wedding and spend Christmas Day with my family and Rick and the kids for the first time. I am excited. Our primary program is on the 22nd and we have been busy with that in church, but with councilors like mine, I don't worry much. I figure with the Kate, Barb, and that lord on my side, I cant mess much up! Wish us luck.
Rick: Rick has been busting his rear at work. He gets up every morning, commutes into work, supports the family and then comes home and plays Mr. mom. He is a one of a kind, hands on dad. I love him so much. He has had a few perks with work and friends and been to see a few College and pro games for football, baseball and hockey. He is actually at the Pitt/ Notre Dame game tonight and having a ball.
Like I said, nothing super new, but it sure exhausts us! We wish you were all here to hang out, maybe play some catch phrase, have some dinner and let our kids play together. We sure love you guys!
3 comments:
Love the updates! We miss you guys. Bummer about sickness. We just finished staying at home for 3 weeks 'cause we all took our turn with swine flu. Yuck.
Fun to hear what you're up to. Thanks for the update.
Love the update too. I hear you about being sick. Have you guys gotten your flu vaccines? It's so annoying when every time I call the twins doctor and they say they are out. Your boys are growing so fast and cute as can be! Ricky is so long! He is just adorable. The twins love their jumperoo's and gives me a place to put them too. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment