Jakie can't read (at this level) so this is more for the memory book I will make out of this one day.
Jacob, on a daily basis I have 20 conversations with you that I wish I could record. You are truly the funniest little boy I know. We have never had a dull day with you since Dec 14th 2004 at 10:25am! You made a memorable entrance into our lives and it has been memorable ever since!
There are so many things that I love about you after just 5 short years of knowing you and I know that there will be so much more as the years go on. 'I look back I see pictures of you wide eyes, bright red hair, sweet cheeks and ever present grin and I just cant believe how fast it has gone by. I cant believe the big boy whose feet touch the floor when I try to rock him!
Jacob, you have always been such a wonderful boy! Even as a baby you laughed early, you always had a smile, you had a temper but forgave quickly, you were very mischievous, very head strong, very intelligent, very independent, social (at the same time) and very loving! None of those things have ever changed about you. I have known that you loved and adored your daddy and me from the first time I held you in the hospital room. Your eyes looked right into mine and I could feel that I was going to be 1/2 of the luckiest parents in the world. You teach me everyday and allow me to teach you, most of the time. You make me want to be a better mommy and my greatest desire is to make you the best little boy you can be.
We always want you to know that we love you! Your daddy and I talk endlessly about our love and gratitude for you and I suspect that we always will. We are so proud of the way that you love your brother, help your mother and try as hard as you can to obey your Father. It can be hard to do those things when you are just 5 but you sure try each day. We don't ever want you to loose your enthusiasm, your energy, your love or purity. They are so wonderful to have in our home!
I tell you these things each chance I get, but I want you to look back at this and know that you were loved, you were adored and that you were special. Thank you for all of the happiness you bring to our family. You were our first everything for 4 & 1/2 years and though your brother has joined us (and brought us much of the same wonderful traits you have) you will always be our only Jakie Pie, and our first little boy. We love you Jack-om-beans! Happy Birthday and thank you for being our boy!
1 comment:
Oh! Happy Birthday, Jake! He is so adorable and I haven't given up on the idea of a betrothal with Madeline...
I miss you guys and wish we could see you--hey! Maybe next time you're in Provo we'll be visiting there, too?
Post a Comment