Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My First Day of Pre Scool (Tuesday 13th)

So today was Jacobs first day of pre-school and I wanted him to look adorable. I think the mission was accomplished though. He was so excited to go to pre- school that he had a hard time sleeping Monday night. I got him up and he hopped right in the shower. He said that big boys must wash for pre-school so they don’t stink and lathered on the shampoo. I laughed and asked what he wanted for breakfast and he said nothing, I want room for the snacks at school. I was sad that he did not feel afraid to leave me but excited and I told him that I was sad to see my little man growing up so fast. (Rick and I did not want to send him until next year so we passed the start deadline and also because we want him home with us, but he was just so ready! He begged and begged and finally we decided that it was cruel at this point to deny the little guy friends and fun while mommy is so sick and tired all of the time.) So, I was sitting there quietly helping him dry off and then he became aware that I was sad and was very sensitive. He took my face in his hands and said, "Don’t worry mommy, I will just only grow up a little bit. , Just enough to go to pre-school. I will still need you for everything." Oh, my heart melted and I just could not help but love this little guy. He has always been such sensitive little boy about others feelings. Well, we got to school 10 minutes early to meet Mrs. Michelle (his teacher) and check the place out. Jacob wanted to wear his Spider man backpack to carry home his homework so we wore that and went in to the class first. Jacob looked around and said, "Yep, I like it." (He thinks it looks like the class from his favorite show Caillou). Jacob then saw the teacher and went up to shake her hand, on his own, and started playing with the toys. Other children started coming in and he was introduced to them by Mrs. Michelle one by one. He said hi to everyone and started playing with them. Another little boy Jacob was there and Jake said, "Hey, that is my name too. Ha, we can be buddies. Come on; let’s go build a train together." I knew from that moment he would be fine. I filled out the paper work and asked my questions while he played. It was finally time for me to go and the teachers were amazed when I told Jacob good bye. I called to him and said that I was leaving and he came over kissed me, hugged me and asked what time I would be back. I told him and he said okay. He skipped off and said. “Have a good day momma!” Ha, so much for needing mommy! I am glad that he did not cry though. It was hard enough to let him go for even a few hours. He has never done day care or Pre School before so I was worried about him getting scared, but no, all he needed was kids and some learning. I am glad that he felt secure. It makes me feel like he is more secure too. All in all, I would say that pre-school is a success. The teacher said he is doing great and that he had friends. They were thrilled to have an extrovert in the class as most of the kids seemed shy. Jacob has never been shy, but for a few random times, so I am sure they will want him to pipe down at some point, but I am glad that he is welcomed. He said that it was the best day of his life when I picked him up so I am confident that we made the right choice. I love this little man! I just cant wait to find out what we are having and meet him/her in June! I hope they are sweet, loving, sensitive, smart and even a bit Wylie like their big brother. It is a great mix and always keeps mommy on her toes!

3 comments:

Doug and Laura said...

Oh Sarah! I love you. That was a tender post. I am sure Kiara will have no problem leaving me in the dust!

Do you know what you are having yet?

Kellybean said...

Hey, shouldn't you be finding out what baby is? I wanna know.

Melissa L. said...

Wow, what a mature thing for him to say! He sounds amazing. That's not surprising, though, with you for a mom. :) TVB.