Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Guilty Concience

So I woke up this morning thinking that Rick was still here at 8:30am and figured that he just had a late day. The light was on downstairs and I thought I heard someone in the kitchen so I dozed again and slept for about 3 more minutes before I remembered that Rick woke me up to drive him to work this morning way earlier. I told him to take the van (lots to do at home so I figured I would do that and not go anywhere today) so that I could sleep in. He was fully dressed so I realized that he would not be here still. Then I thought that he was a booger for not turning off the lights before leaving (I hate paying for lights that we don't enjoy). The thought occurred to me that Jacob could be downstairs so I sprang up and crawled to the end of our bed where I could look out of our room into Jacobs and saw him laying on his bed. A burglar was too far fetched so I decided to lay back down for a minute before getting up. Well, Jacob must have heard me stirring because I heard him run around his room for a second and then come running in to tell me how much he loved me and snuggle. Well, he comes in to love me and snuggle every morning before we go down stairs so I thought nothing of it. It was not until I suggested that we go downstairs and get breakfast that his little poker face broke down. He said, "no, no lets lay here and play." I told him that I was really hungry and that I wanted to go get breakfast and started getting up. That is when he sprang from the bed and said, "I love you mommy, don't go into my room." No break in the comments at all, just fast and forceful. Well, I figured out that something was off and started for his room. I started grilling him and he denied that anything was wrong and tried to bar me from entering into his room. I being bigger and taller just pushed him aside and then told him that not telling mommy when something was wrong was naughty and that if I found something before he told me about it that he would be in big trouble. Well, he taught about it for a second and then gave me a clue. He said I did something that is not that bad but it is not behind the door. Strait to the door I went and peaked around to find a bag of the gummy snacks that I told him he could not have last night.

Be fore I could even say a word he pulled me down to his level, looked me in the eye and said, "I know, I was naughty. When will I learn to listen to mommy? I know better and I cant have any for the rest of the day because I was sneaky and I don't get any now. He looked at me hopefully as if to cue me to deny that fact and I said, "yep, that is right! You were naughty, you need to learn to listen to mommy and you cant have any for the rest of the day. IF you ever do that again we will never buy any again, ever!" He said, "okay, you are right mommy, and I am sorry." Boy, I sure wish that every punishment went that way. Normally time out would have ensued but he confessed, apologized and took his consequence well. Cant argue with that. I used to find him in corners with boxes of stuff that he had eaten and dealt with him feeling sick all day, so we are definitely growing up. Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Lefty said...

That is so cute. Madeline is always getting into stuff and running to her room--or under her bed, with the treat. I still need to pull out the bunk bed and vacuum up the red hots that I know are under there.

The other day Geoff was driving with the girls and they were talking about you having another baby boy. Annalise decided that "Max" would be a good name for him. Then Madeline assumed his name was, in fact, Max...but went further. She started asking questions about your baby, "Grody to the Max." Ex: When is Grody to the Max going to be born? or, Is Jakie going to love Grody to the Max?
So I ask you: is Grody to the Max moving a lot? :) Also, do you have an actual name for him?