
Hello everyone! So I know you are wondering why I have a picture of a pizza here. Well, I am finally back from the dead and finally feeling well so I have been up and around. I wanted to posted this picture to show my awesome
handy work. For years I have been craving a real pizza
Margarita and
every time we go out for gourmet pizza I try one and leave sad. I never really get the flavor that I was looking for in the sauce and then I am sad. I miss Italy so much and really miss the pizza! So, now
armed with a true craving for it and super heightened
senses I decided to surprise Rick and give it a go. I rolled out the dough by hand, chopped everything up, picked the basil, and best of all, I hand made the sauce. All I can say is yum! I tried about 4 sauce mixtures and found a great combo that felt like
Italia! I used part real vine ripened tomatoes that were super ripe and stewed tomatoes that were canned. I am convinced that the mixture was right on. Too fresh was too much and too much canned was bland. It worked and I was
ecstatic. Wish you were all here! There was plenty left over. Remind me when we see
each other again and I will make it for you sometime.
Avete un invitazione per la
ciena a'
casa mia! (You are invited for dinner at my house) . P.S. the peperoni was for Rick. He just cant leave amazing alone! Ha Ha.
4 comments:
MMMmm. Looks so good! Glad you're feeling up to it!
So I think that I have found the pizza sauce in a can...it is called crushed tomatoes...it is just like the tomato sauce in the jars from Italy! I still haven't made pizza yet...I have been spoiled by a brother in law who is amazing at making pizza (he served in Milano), but I make sauce all the time and I always use crushed tomatoes. Thought I would share my find. I made lasagna the other day! :) Glad you are feeling better. I was sick with Spencer from 3-9 months! That sucked!
Magari abitassimo piu' vicino!
Ciao Sorell! It's Robinson. I found you on the Pacicni's web site and was so excited! We need to catch up. Looks like you have been busy. I've missed you. TVB
Post a Comment