Hey everyone,
So, the last 3 weeks just got away from me! I spent January and the first week of Feb in El Paso, Texas helping my mom through surgery. She had bariatric (gastric bypass) surgery to help her control if not eliminate her severe diabetes. I was anticipating so much work but was just amazed at her resilience and ability to cope with things. Sure there were hard moments, but I expected so much worse. Never fails, when I expect the worst, I get the best. Mom did great and I was super excited to see her progress. She went in a few days after I got there and we stayed in the hospital for 4 days. I slept on a cot and my dad watched my son Jacob. Thanks Dad! He still talks about you every day. My brothers helped with the little guy and pulled together to get it all done. Mom got home on a Saturday and we just sat around and talked for days and days, working though feelings, memories, and talking about her future. Within a week she lost 15 lbs and by the time I left a week later she was down a total of 25+ pounds. How is that for results huh?
So much happened so I think I will fill this out further as the days go by and I remember funny stories, etc. Anyway, it was really fun to spend time with family and see everyone. I was sad to leave as always but ready to get back to life in Pittsburgh with Rick. He was very generous with Jakie and I so I wanted to get back, but sure miss the EPSO gang! Miss you guys tons and cant wait to see you all again soon.
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment