Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We Found Out What The Baby Will Be:

So, after much anxiety and excitement, we have received the news about the baby.... It is a very healthy little...........BOY! Yeah! We could not be more thrilled. Check out the proof:












I feel confident that we would have felt the same way if it was a girl too. I just wanted a healthy little one. No matter what the gender was. But, now that we know, we can start calling him by his name.... Rick (Rickie). Actually, his full name will be Richard Jennings Shumway after Ricks dad, but we will call him Rickie, and then when he is old enough, Rick. I figured, why mess with a name if it is already so tried and true.

So, now it is time to just wait and grow. I am not huge yet, but it is definitely on the horizon. I am finally not sick all day every day so I am hoping to have the chance to swim each day to help myself feel better. I have been so sick and drained that doing anything killed. I cant wait to see him and hold him. The ultrasound pictures looked so similar to Jake's to me, so I think we could have another cutie on our hands! I just wonder if the hair will be red too! Oh man, I am in for it if it is. I am just sure that is the source of Jakie's spit fire personality that I love so much. Let me know if you see the similarities:






























All in all, we are thrilled. I will see if we can scan the pictures from the ultrasound and upload them into the blog for everyone to see. The little one is a mover so they were pretty clear but not crystal. Hopefully everyone can see them okay. They will be coming soon.

9 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

YAY! How fun for you guys! I sure hope that Jake and Rickie can be good little friends. It's so much fun to have two boys in a row!

Steve & Amy Shumway said...

yahoo!!! congrats! thats a fine name, we're excited. you guys make cute babies ;)

Melissa L. said...

AUGURI!!!

Grandma Shums said...

We're thrilled, and by the way, another red-head is more than fine w/us :) Grandma

Stephanie said...

Alright little Ricky! We are so excited for you guys to have another Jake. He has worked out so well so far, why not repeat :) Congratulations!

Joyelle said...

hey sarah! im soo excited for u guys-- 2 boys r sooo much fun!!!
my blog is www.theturleybirds.blogspot.com

talk to ya soon!

katherine said...

congratulations shumway family! that is so great!! it would be so fun if you had another red-head.
sarah thanks for the comment on our blog. it was good to hear from you. i sometimes i think i am too honest on there, but then i also feel i have to release some of my mommy feelings, and maybe even help some other moms get it out or just know that they are not alone - and that it is ok to have bad days!! i am glad that you read our blog. i have been reading yours as well, and have been lazy about commenting. sorry! but it is nice to see what your family is up to and the changes you are making - with your big move, and now a new baby!! i am sorry, though, to hear about Rick's dad. i can't imagine all your emotions and the feelings that come with such news. i have thought about them so much, they are such kind people, and i am sure this is not an easy time for any of you. we are lucky to have the gospel, but, it doesn't always make things easier - we still feel pain, along with hope. anyway, thanks again sarah for your comment!! it is nice to keep in touch!! take care, happy blogging!!

Kat said...

YEAH for boys! You'll love having two little brothers to keep Mom busy! I am happy/excited for you.

Dr. Nick said...

Oooooo 3D baby! I am excited..I can't wait to see him and I can't wait to see you guys again!