Sunday, February 3, 2013

Jakie Is Being Baptized!

Jacob is was baptized!  I cant believe he is already 8 years old!  We did it a few months late so that Grandma and Grandpa Hutchins could be there to witness Jacob become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and also witness Mikey after he is born sometime during their visit (TURNED OUT TO BE 2 DAYS LATER!!  I LOOKED AND FELT LIKE IT WAS GOING TO BE THAT NIGHT!!!.  Jacob was very patient so that they could be at both and not have to book multiple flights in such a short period of time.   
I was so proud as I watched Jacob enter into the waters of baptism and accept his covenant to take upon himself the name of Jesus Christ and all that it signifies.  It was a special day that was just for him.  We had just friends and close family attend and it was perfect.  Jacob was able to participate with answering questions during his program and he knew every one of the answers.    I feel like we prepared him to take this step and understand (at least as well as an 8 year old could) the importance of his promise attached to his baptism.  I am so very glad that I can offer him the knowledge of a gospel that I know to be true, that I love and that has guided me in my life.  I know that it will be that same blessing in his life.  I love my Jakie!  I am so happy to be his momma:)

 

Sunday, February 3rd, 2013

Baptism of
Jacob Cameron Shumway

Daybreak 3rd Ward of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,
South Jordan, UT

Song Lyrics:

 

Baptism

1. Jesus came to John the Baptist,
In Judea long ago,
And was baptized by immersion
In the River Jordan’s flow.

2. “To fulfill the law,” said Jesus,
When the Baptist questioned why,
“And to enter with my Father
In the kingdom up on high.”

3. Now we know that we must also
Witness faith in Jesus’ word,
Be baptized to show obedience,
As was Jesus Christ, our Lord.

I am a Child of God

1. I am a child of God,
And He has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.

2. I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand His words
Before it grows too late.

3. I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do His will,
I’ll live with Him once more.

Chorus
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.


                   Conducting:   Bishopric

                             Pianist:   Linda Shumway

                        Chorister:   Katie Shumway

                       Welcome:   Bishopric

               Opening Song:   Baptism

            Opening Prayer:   John Hutchins

                                             Grandfather

            Talk on Baptism:   Carolyn Shumway
                                             Grandmother

  Baptismal Ordinance:   Performed by Rick Shumway

                                             Father

                       Witnesses:   Spencer Shumway, and Kyle Shumway, Cousins                                    

                         Interlude:   Linda Shumway

                                             Aunt

       Talk on Holy Ghost:   Beth Hutchins

                                             Grandmother

                 Confirmation:   Performed by Rick Shumway

                                             Father

         Primary Welcome:  Primary Presidency

      Bishopric Welcome:   Bishopric

                  Closing Song:   I am a Child of God   

               Closing Prayer:   Katie Shumway
                                             Aunt
 

*Please join us for light refreshments in the YM/YW room following the service.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT WAS A GREAT DAY!!







 

No comments: