Monday, January 16, 2012

Welcome To Our Family "Magnus"

Hi Everyone! We wanted to introduce our sweet little Magnus (named after Magnaus VerMagnusen - worlds strongest man). What a sweet little puppy he is!

I know anyone that was in AK with us this summer is thinking that Ricky is reacting to Magnus the way that he did with Amy's cats and 2 chiwawas (With excitement and a little obsession) but actually he is pretty tame with him. THANK HEAVENS!! Magnus came to us from a Dairy farm in Salem, UT after his mom was hit by a tractor:( His mom lived, but she could not nurse her 6 puppies anymore so they were selling them off for pets. Magnus is the son of 2 cocker spaniels that were family pets. They were very friendly and very gentle. Magnus came home to us on Friday 2 weeks ago and our lives are so fun. He already goes outside, can make it through the night without accidents or whining, goes into his crate happily, tolerates the kids and knows when "daddy" is home:) We love having someone soft and furry to pet and love. So far he has been a great fit. Magnus is getting use to the leash and walks with Ricky (weather permitting) and enjoys his time in the pack and play. I picked one up for a few bucks on KSL to put him into while he is too young to roam the house without "presents" being left on the rug or chewing. We are crate training him, but I feel bad to have him in my arms or in the crate only. I want him to get use to lounging in the house like he will be when he outgrows the pp and chewing stages. His crate will be for visitors, night time and times we are gone and he cant come. So far he is happy and thriving. I just love puppies! Welcome to the family buddy.




























1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh my heavens he is so cute! I just want to hold him and let him lick my face! So fun...