Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to meeeeeeee, Happy Birthday to me!
I love my birthdays! I shouldn't since I am over 30 now (32 to be exact), but I cant help it. I think it is because it is the end of the year and I have waited for it for so long, but it always makes me smile. I think it kinda kicks off the Christmas spirit for me too.
I use to be excited about the presents and though they are still a blast, I have come to love hearing from friends that remembered me on my special day. I love getting texts and calls from people that are busy but remembered me anyway. I have heard from lots of my family and some of my best friends and it means a lot. Thanks everyone!
Rick woke me up with the kids and upon arriving downstairs, I saw balloons, streamers and the boys sitting with Dad on the couch. I was wished a happy birthday and offered tokens of their affections. Jake got me some glittery nail polish in frog bottles (seriously cute), Jakie got me a Stealer's key chain (they get to pick their own presents for us on our B-days), and Rick ordered me season 9 of Frasier. We have almost all of them. We love em! Cant wait for it to get in. Dad gave me a great photo book I really wanted by a photographer out of SF, and I am home today to receive a pkg from my mom that should arrive today. I love surprises and and cant wait to see what I got. Every year I always just feel grateful to have family, friends, and a few surprises. I think Rick will do a dinner tonight (as usual) and I bet I can get a foot rub. Its a great B-Day to me! Now I get to hear why the family loves me when they call (tradition each year) and I have to say, that could be my favorite part of my birthday since becoming a Shumway!
I wish I had lots of wisdom to share but I don't have too much. I guess I would have to say my best lesson is to chill out, do what you can and say you are sorry when you are wrong. All of them make your day feel better. Good luck with your lessons everyone.
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
1 comment:
I thought of you and your birthday. I hope it was a wonderful day! I love how the boys pick out their own gifts for you. So cute. I hope your package came and you got to enjoy it! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment