It is official. I am no longer the Primary President at my church. I was informed that I had done a good job for almost 3 years and that it was time for a leadership change. I was sad at first because I loved working with the kids and hearing their adorable little thoughts. 2 Sundays ago was my last time back there. It was hard to say goodbye to the kids and my presidency.
Barb Getty- 1st councilor in the center R, Diane Burnette- 2nd Councilor next to me, Linda Bowden -Secretary on end on R.
They were everything that someone could ask in a supporting role. They were capable of leading on their own but let me lead. They guided me in my thoughts and offered to help in every way. Everyone should be lucky enough to work with ladies like them! I loved working with my first second councilor Kate Wilson before they stole her for Relief Society in May. She was every bit as amazing as the others. I will miss being with them every Sunday.
I was sad for a bit until last week when I was extended a new calling. I am now the 1st councilor in the Young Women's Organization. I think that lightening may have struck twice because I get to work with a great President (Mary-Katherine Rodriguez) Me the 1st councilor and Mandy Mancuso , the Secretary, Amy Spencer , second councilor and Liz Waits Personal Progress. We are still looking for a second councilor, but I am sure I will love working with her too. Cant wait to meet the girls and get started! This Sunday will be my first Sunday in class.
No comments:
Post a Comment