Not for us! After a long day at church (3 hours +meetings) today I sat on the way home thinking about how a Sunday should be. As a kid I could not go out to play and hated that I was supposed to relax, spend time time with the family and stay indoors. As a teen I refused to do it and rebelled by riding bikes, playing sports, etc. Now as an adult that holds a deadning calling, has 2 kids and runs a home, I just want to relax, spend time with family and stay indoors on the one day for rest!
No such luck though. Sundays are off with a bang, often with meetings, kids to shower, breakfast to make (okay Rick does that, but I hear him as I am waking up). I do have to shower, do my hair, eat breakfast, do my make up and get my day together though. Then when we get to church it all starts rolling from there. Sacrament is non stop! We have Ricky all over us, Jake to keep in his darn seat and if I am honnest; there is often a lesson being prepared (by us both) as we try to listen to the talks.
Then we pick up even more steam as I head to Primary where I am everything from the meeting leader to the fill in teacher. Sometimes I am in the seats right with the kids, sometimes I am making copies, sometimes I am preparing a lesson on the fly, always I am keepings quiet, and always I am doing everything I can to make the day a success. I check in on classes in progress, check in on Nursery to make sure teachers are there, kids are safe, etc. There never really seems to be a time that I am not doing something!
As I run around, Rick is at that same time handling Ricky, teaching lessons, filling in for our piano needs in Primary or in Priesthood, teaching a class and recently teaching Elders Quarum. By the end of the day we are exhausted! I want to head home and EAT SOMETHING but often have a meeting to attend, have Rick to wait for in his meeting, or just something that needs to be done.
Why am I saying all of this? Not to complain...more as a reflection.
Rick and I were talking about our callings and we both agreed that this ward has been one of our favorite places that we have held callings. Now, given my last few paragraphs of work we do I am sure that you are wondering why?! Well, I guess we came to the conclusion that we love it because we are making a difference. We are needed and we are able to help. It is such a great feeling to know that what we do (especially when it is taxing ) is for the benefit of others and that they apreciate it. It makes me grateful for a church that uses my tallents, my weaknesses, and everything else in between.
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment