Happy Birthday Rick! Yep, he is now the big 30! Finally!!! He will hate this picture but I love it. He is always so fun!
I turned 30 almost 2 years ago and I have been looking forward to us being in our 30's together. It is a regular old Friday with work, school, housework, kids..etc but wee plan to celebrate this evening with a night out with the kids. Rick is really hard to buy for since when I ask he never tells me he wants anything. I have to keep a list going all year long with things he mentions here and there so that I always know he wanted what I get him. This year his present is definitely a gift he will enjoy.
This will be a quite, family style little party but we seem to love that best. I like looking over at Rick smile as he gets his birthday desert and think that he is totally happy with our 2 kids and crazy wife. I love just being together as our celebration. One day I will switch it up and throw a huge bash, but tonight....Golden Corral (Ricks request,...ugh!) and presents.
I guess this is where I gush about Rick huh. I always list all of the things I love about Rick every Birthday, and I still feel exactly the same about him this year as I did last year. He is still loving, kind, funny, strong, interesting, smart, successful, handsome, nutty, a great father, a great husband, a great example, a great person, etc.. Still the same, always just a little better at them each year. This year is no exception. I have seen him just try harder, work longer at things and accomplish more. I love to see him do it too. I truly feel like his successes (Which are many) are mine too. If I had to pick just one thing this year I would say the thing I love about Rick the most (or that stand out to me most this year) is his willingness to make it work. It does not matter what the issue is (family, marriage, kids,work, callings) he makes it work. He realizes what must be done to make things work and he adapts himself to the situation. It may take a bit of stubborn time for him to do it, but I can always count on compromise, compassion, love and concern in the end. He has really come into his own on this over this year with a little prodding from his wife (of course).
Happy Birthday Rick! I hope your 30th is the best and that this year is as great as 30 was for me. We love you.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Rick! Hope it was a great day! Enjoy being 30! Kev will be joining you soon.
Post a Comment